The mkiv Supra Owners Club

getting rid of my cats

suprarob

Now then

I,m starting to think about the up grades to my supe that I,m going to try next year

Its a uk auto which has a standerd engine

I,m going to go for a decat but wonderd about how much differance the change from both cats to one cat to no cats[meow :) ]was. i.e. the difference in hp and the differance in boost ?

the exhaust I like is the Blitz nur spec

any comments from you guys out there who have done this would be appreciated

Hi there.

I know this is only a rough guide but my UK spec auto rear mid and rear pipe (HKS super dragger 2)diddnt seem to make a lot of differnce. the real difference came when I put A CW front cat replacement pipe in. Running 1.15 bar I went from 13.66 to 13.00 standing 1/4 and added 9-10 mph at the line. You should be OK with a UK spec car with boost creep but get a boost controller anyway. As I was running hybrids, if anything it felt slower before I took the front cat out with the original turbos.

:D

I ditched the CATs on my UK '94 Auto recently and due to getting the wrong front pipe delivered (J-Spec rather than UK) I did it in two stages.

Stage 1 was the 2nd pipe (CW) and Blitz NuR Spec R exhaust (Thanks to Envy) - spool-up was noticably quicker, the car obviously got louder and it felt quicker, hard to say how much though but definately quicker.

A week later I did the front pipe (again CW) and it added more again, the car pulls really strongly and that initial hesition when you pull off has almost gone, it added a little bit more noise too.

After doing one and then the other later I'd definately opt for ding both CATs, the difference between the two was noticable so the swap from CATs to no CATs in one hit would be nice.

I'm putting the car on the rollers in the next month or so to see what difference it has made on paper so I'll report back then.