The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Same sex couples adopting WTF !

chris aka fonz

People want to adopt, straight and gay, some are capable of doing a good job, some aren't...

The only important thing is that they are capable-

My brother is gay and I know that he would be an awesome Dad, he has chosen not to though as it's not for him, each to their own-

The idea that every kid needs a Mum though, i'm undecided on that-

Traditionally yeah, but nowadays with sexual equality i'd say that a lot of Dads are more maternal than Mums...

discuss...:p

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive always said they can be as good a parent.

Its bullying id be worried about, the kid will probably be very emotional depending on how they lost their real parents and to the ngo to school and be bullied about your parents who you may love will tip some over the edge.

Kids will be Kids

http://www.antibullying.net/homophobic2.htm

I've just finished readin all 10 pages and think I've sopme experience in both issues that may help enlighten people.

Firstly. What is better a child to be abused by their same sex parents ? No

So the child goes to a foster home. That child will then have emotianl issues, experice al sorts of problems and needs lots of care and attention from his foster parents. However most foster homes i know have more than one child and so the environment, can be very harsh and the child not get the attention he needs.

so if the mixed sex parents can't / won't adopt the child, what is better for the child to stay in that environment ? or to be adopted by a mixed sex family - who have past checks, where they will be loved and helped to heal.

The above is based on my best friend. He was abused / fostered and at age 5 came to the foster family next door to me . We became good friends and still are. He didnt go to a same sex cpl, but he openly takls about his time in the foster homes and how allthought he was helped he recognises it was a halfway house and he didn't started healing till he was adopted.

secondly. My cousin Joanne is in a same sex relationship. Has been with the same person for over 10 years, Jo has a child from earlier life who is now 14, so the child has been raised for the last 10 years in the same sex relationship. She is the most well adjusted 14 year old I know. No attitude, caring and happy. She loves the fact she has two mums so that when one doesnt want to go shopping she takes the other (her own words) and is is not bullied about it.

Same sex relationships to teenagers are a part of normal life, thanks to telly and society - for most 14 year old it's no big deal. The only kids i know to be anti gay are the ones who parents have bought them up with the 'gay mincing faggot' view of the world. But then you can apply that to rasict parents etc etc.

at the end of the day, so lnog as the child is loved / happy then what is the problem ? Its not going to lead us in ten years time to a generation of gay couples who pick on mixed sex cpls and the end of human life as we know it.

My cousins littun is always off to the nappy night at the local disco, and after picking her and a few frineds up the other night, i can confirm shes a normal 14 yr old girl - who wants to marry jonny depp and had to stand on a kerb to snog some guy cause he's too tall. ( its great fun listening to their conversation as you drive along lol)

Not all of us old codgers are homophobic. Some young guys I know are worse than my parents generation, I think that is because some are uncertain about their own sexuality, but that is a whole can of worms of it own. ( I know one guy who would never sit in a chair because he found out it was previously owned by a gay.) But I would have to agree that on the whole society is less homophobic now than it was 20 years ago.

I am sure that many same sex couples will make a far better job of parenting than many mixed sex couples. As has already been very well said, some people should not be allowed to be parents because they are creating damaged human beings. But todays laws put family first not the child. I have seen children whole I believe should have been removed from their natural parents, grow up to be really evil twisted people. I honestly believe that if the same child had been put with a family that actually cared for the child, the out come would be completely different.

I think there may be an assumption that just because the law says same sex couple can adopt they all be allowed too. Children that have parents selected for them after some fairly tough selection proceedures, I know I have seen it first hand, are better off than many who where unfortunate enough to be born to parents who no one would ever allow to adopt as they would classes as unsuitable parents.

If any couple can demonstrate that they have the means, the emotional maturity, stability, aptitude, and love to bring up an adopted child, we should all thank them. We should not judge them on the basis of their sexual preferences.

My mum did say some thing about discssions about politics and religion, but I was not listening.:devil:

Good Post Termi

however imagine a future society where every couple are gay and lesbian, and the lesbo daugters shag the other families gay sons as a service so that children can still be had and the human race can continue.

Imagine growing Foetuses in the Laboratory rather than through natural conception

Parents are not born, they have to learn and its not an easy job. In life there are times when a strong female role model is needed and times when a strong male role model is required. I'm not sure same sex couples can really fill that role adequately.

Really? here is a photo of an average gay couple, I'd be bloody stumped just figuring out which one is the female never mind the male :rlol:

I meant a trigger for Turrets Syndrome, fuck this im not even come back to this thread its just sick !

Firstly, a turret is either a small tower extending above a building or a self-contained weapons platform housing guns and capable of rotation. Secondly, "I am not even come back" makes no sense at all - much like your observation that the thread is sick. The thread is not sick. It is a vehicle for sensible discussion on a topical subject. The fact that people have differing views does not make one side nor the other sick. It just means they have diferent opinions.

Oh Bollox...I missed this thread lol!

I have to say that our advancement on this planet is going a little too fast for some of us...and obviously some of us need to catch up...

I honestly cant see a problem with gays or Lesbians adopting kids, it does seem odd I know especially to older generations...but i dont see what the problem is!..Chris said earlier he would rather be adopted by a couple of Smack Heads....No you wouldn't, and doubt you would you like to be in a Childrens home.

I think it can only be a good thing for gays to adopt kids and take on some REAL responsibility rather than living selfish lives!!!!!! (im sure a lot of Gays and Lesbians would agree with that)

Yes Yes :drown: I am going out for New years just about to get ready!:ecstatic:

difficult subject this,

i used to go nuts about this subject - but now i have a different opinion.,

first off ill say that i have some good friends who are gay,

and ive known lots of lesbians ,.

ive never known a gay man to be anti-women however i have never met a lesbian who wasnt anti-men.

now my only concern for same sex couples brining up a child would be the possibility of the child being brain washed into being non heterosexual from an early age,

for example,.. little girl says to mummy.. "mummy why have i got 2 mummy`s ? "

mummy replies ,.. " cos mummy doesnt like nasty naughty men " and so on,.

im not saying lesbians would be more prone to do this sort of thing, nor am i saying gay men would - but we have to remember Kids usualy like to dress like there parents,..and do as there parents,..

So would this mean little girl of say 11 dressing up in dr marten boots,. checked shirts,. and with a skin head haircut ? :)

or if the 2 fathers dress up like the 2 " lady`s" of little britain - emily and charlotte.,

does this mean little 11 year old johnny would be walking round dressed in Victorian lady`s gear ?

saying " im a laaaayyddee "

i think same sex couples should ONLY be allowed to adopt children of the opposite sex.

Kids are confused as it is. Why make it worse for them?. I think this will backfire on the Govt big time.

Exactly.

We're now reaping the rewards of the no smacking policy by having them run riot, in a few years they'll be 'interesting' side effects of this latest bit of political correctness.

My opinion on all this is if you're gay then get on with it in the privacy of your own home, why do the rest of us have to constantly change our laws and attitudes to suit, what is after all, not natural?

Paul

Exactly.

My opinion on all this is if you're gay then get on with it in the privacy of your own home, why do the rest of us have to constantly change our laws and attitudes to suit, what is after all, not natural?

Paul

Happy New Year Paul!

The Point is..what may or may not be natural to you or I...might be perfectly normal for others and this same argument can be applied to many things not just sexual orientation...just coz you dont like a dick up ya bum dosn't mean we should outlaw it for others who might enjoy it!

I doubt there will be a sudden change in the way the adoption of children is handled but for instance if a childs parents are killed in a car crash and a relative (Uncle or Aunt or whatever who happen to be gay) wanted to adopt the child I honestly dont think this is an issue providing they are vetted like everyone else and can prove that they can provide a good stable upbringing for them.

I think it is totally wrong to assume that a Gay or Lesbian cant provide a home for an unwanted child...I mean its odd enough to understand any child being adopted by a complete stranger (i would be uncomfortable with that idea if I was a child) this does make it a bit more difficult to understand and accept and maybe the world is turning a little to fast and leaving a few of us behind....but we will catch up I'm sure!

I'm sure some of us have this image of two leather clad blokes with leather caps and S&M chains holding hands with a little child on an Adoption Recruitment poster...I'm sure its not quite like that:whip:

Try and think of a more positive image (and I dont mean Elton John and David Furnish, they would prob have an adopted child as a fashion assessory to match their ear rings)

I have met plenty of men and women who are gay who are extrmeley responsible and upstanding citizens...one lady I know at work who has been with her female partner for 16 years she is a TV commisioning editor and a very balanced and healthy minded person, shes also a very loving person and loves kids, her partner is like her in all those respects..and...they are absolutley minted...

I was in a Kids home as a child, and although I was never keen on adoption myself...there were plenty of kids I knew that went from Foster home to foster home and were rejected (one girl I knew my best friend at this home ended up working the streets)...why deprive our unwanted kids of a good home just because of our bigoted attitudes...after all you only have to look at the sexual orientation of the people that put these kids in this situation in the first place to realise WHY this isn't a bad idea.

No flood gates are about to open it just means that in an occasional scenario with the right parents this should be considered as an option! (depending obviously on the age of the child and the circurmstances)

Bring it on lol:tomato:

Parents are not born, they have to learn and its not an easy job. In life there are times when a strong female role model is needed and times when a strong male role model is required. I'm not sure same sex couples can really fill that role adequately.

That is a good argument against gay adoption...and in my view the only valid one in my opinion, but plenty of 'real parents' fuck this up too, and of course there are plenty of one parent families also!

I think a lot of us are possibly thinking (well I know we are) that this is just another loonie leftie attempt at political correctness...and that its a question of 'RIGHTS TO ADOPT! well I thinks its more 'RIGHT TO BE ADOPTED'

It is a difficult subject...and yes it does seem a bit premeture...I mean are we all ready for this obviously not!

But I would tick the 'YES...I AGREE' box on this one I'm afraid! only because I have a good understanding of the few options for some kids!

But I cant blame anyone for wanting to disgree..I understand your arguments too:innocent:

It seems the more the gornerment intervenes with things, the worse society becomes because of it. A good example is the end of smacking and general child control, as Paul mentions.

The old systems have worked for decades in churning out good members of society. If it ain't broke, don't play around with it!