The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Same sex couples adopting WTF !

chris aka fonz

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest bud ... I can't be fecked to argue with you. You have your thoughts .. I have mine.

that argument was a dead end bud, so the argument had come to an end regardless.

Oh, and no, don't agree with adoption so sue me :p

lol, well an easy position to take when it doesn't affect you, but there will be children who need care and adoption makes sense, the realistic alternative is?

Like me saying erm, I don't agree with doctors, ok great, but what about the people who _need_ them! Children _need_ looking after or they die, yep lets face it, some would die without some sort of care and no one is going to let that happen in a civilised world.

The world is not an ideal place, having two, natural parents around to look after you is the ideal, sunny day scenario - but life isn't always like that - so have the ideal moral high ground (if that's what you think it is) but I'd prefer to live in the real world.

http://two-dads.com/images/250_Gay_Couple.jpg

What would my child (if I had one) say to the above!

"Why do all my friend's mummys wash up and Chad's don't?!. "Why has Chad's mummy got a manly face and strange smile?!"

Fah!

I'm afraid son, that he was born with "Gay" feelings. It's hard to explain, another time...

Am I the only one who didnt understand what that was about?

I think: "I wouldnt let em i in me car never mind near kids.....turrets would kick in about now if they asked."

=

"I wouldn't let a gay couple in my car, so there's no way I think they should be near [my?] kids. If they were to ask [ask what?], I would speak like someone with Tourette's syndrome (i.e. swear at them a lot)"

This translation of an enlightened viewpoint brought to you by the Plain English Campaign.

I believe...No person is born homosexual, just like no one is born a thief, a liar or murderer... its their choice.

As for adopting kids hmmm i just dont think that is right... If it was then nature would have made it possible for a man to make another man pregnant :)

Sorry if i offended anyone... No offence intended.

I think: "I wouldnt let em i in me car never mind near kids.....turrets would kick in about now if they asked."

=

"I wouldn't let a gay couple in my car, so there's no way I think they should be near [my?] kids. If they were to ask [ask what?], I would speak like someone with Tourette's syndrome (i.e. swear at them a lot)"

This translation of an enlightened viewpoint brought to you by the Plain English Campaign.

Thank you very much

=

:D :clap:

Like me saying erm, I don't agree with doctors, ok great, but what about the people who _need_ them! Children _need_ looking after or they die, yep lets face it, some would die without some sort of care and no one is going to let that happen in a civilised world.

The world is not an ideal place, having two, natural parents around to look after you is the ideal, sunny day scenario - but life isn't always like that - so have the ideal moral high ground (if that's what you think it is) but I'd prefer to live in the real world.

Without wanting to stir up a hornets nest. Well actually I don't give a feck so whatever, but having kids is something that comes from a hetrosexual male and female having sex and conceiving (in the broadest terms). If you don't want to be hetrosexual thats absolutely and completely fine - but IMHO until we become hermaphrodite's and capable of reproducing on our own without a partner you forfeit that ability when you choose your gender preference path...........

As I said - IMHO, which I'm entitled to, as you are yours.

Well I've had enough of this argument, it's going nowhere now :)

People state objections that seem to be based on nothing other than their own fears and speculation.

I've known a good mate who was adopted, grew up to be a just fine! Same goes for single parents and their children. What matters is the quality of the parenting, pretty much nothing else does in fact so this is bordering on nugatory now.

Without wanting to stir up a hornets nest. Well actually I don't give a feck so whatever, but having kids is something that comes from a hetrosexual male and female having sex and conceiving. If you don't want to be hetrosexual thats absolutely and completely fine - but IMHO until we become hermaphrodite's and capable of reproducing on our own without a partner you forfeit that ability when you choose your gender preference path...........

As I said - IMHO, which I'm entitled to, as you are yours.

WELL BLOODY SAID. TOOK THE WORD'S RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH.:cool:

I'm surprised you didnt mention your view when you posted this next quote in a thread started by Oxygene entitled "Wedding Bells"

A fair point CJ - though, and again IMHO, that thread was about him and Martin being joined and thus was not the time nor the place for this discussion and I'm sure we all wish them both the very best :thumbs:

Right - I've not read all this thread, the beer in me says I can't be arsed :p

I read the first page and TBH something bugs me about the way people talk about this.....

I have nothing against gay or lesbians etc at all, good luck to them :) - but they are not allowed to MARRY. The legislation passed allows them to form a CIVIL PARTNERSHIP. They do not get married, nor do they have a "WEDDING RECEPTION". Getting married is for hetrosexual people, and homosexual people get a partnership.

Arrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Oh, and no, don't agree with adoption so sue me :p

I am surprised you didn't mention your views to Oxy too Neil. Or was it more polite to say "Congrats Oxy m8"? Or do people have different views if they know the people involved?

I am surprised you didn't mention your views to Oxy too Neil. Or was it more polite to say "Congrats Oxy m8"? Or do people have different views if they know the people involved?

Like I said in my post on page 6 CJ - that thread was not the time nor the place to air such views - I have more respect than that and as I said I wish them both the best. Hence me passing on my congrats. It makes no odds whether its Oxy or someone I didn't even know on that kind of thread. Not that I even know Oxy all that well, only met him a coupla times!............

Off to bed now :yawn: