The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Same sex couples adopting WTF !

chris aka fonz

Dude, I said that back on page 4 and you tore me a new one (not quite but you get my drift!)

No, sorry, maybe I didn't make myself 100% clear then,

1. I have no problem with same sex adoption at all, provided it is afforded all the vetting that applies to anyone (as it would have to be). It's no big deal!

2. I think the bullying link is tenuous at best, kids get bullied for being poor, we going to hand out more money to prevent poor people next? Kids get bullied for anything, we need to address that, not 1 million and 1 things that may or may not be used as an excuse for it.

3. I don't think it is unreasonable to bring in the same sex adoption at a suitable time (i.e. not immediately if immediately is not right yet for the general public) - but in the grand scheme of things it's happening right now! i.e. even if we wait 10 years (doubt it needs to be that long personally), it's still on the verge of happening and is inevitably going to happen very soon...

I'm off now, enjoy the debate... :)

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doh! and I thought we might finally be getting somewhere lol

WhiteSupraBoy, have you read some of the posts above? Did you try my analogy? Not seeing both sides to it yet?

seeing both sides mate. And can see all your points. As i was bullied i wouldnt wish it on anyone, u feel like you got no one to talk too.

Its a tough call, loving gay parents with most likely bullying ending up resenting parents or no bullying peacefull life but not much of a life. not an easy choice!

Has it though? Last long term relationship i was in, parents threatened me with murder and threw the girl out the house....

It is gettin better and probably nowhere near how it used to be (i'm young :D) but it's still not totally accepted

You will always get isolated cases but in the main we have managed to break down most of the barriers. Otherwise we would still have segregation in America eh?

BTW, are you sure they didnt threaten to murder you 'cos you was a nob and not because of your colour or creed? :D

You will always get isolated cases but in the main we have managed to break down most of the barriers. Otherwise we would still have segregation in America eh?

BTW, are you sure they didnt threaten to murder you 'cos you was a nob and not because of your colour or creed? :D

Isolated cases will always remain, will be the same with homosexuals too. There's still a lot going on though, just not a lot hits the news (just Anthony Walker style cases do)

:lol: colour only but yeah if someone starts then i'll be a nob back, doesn't help :D

Trying not to go too far off topic here!

Enjoy!!!! all I can think about is the poor biology teacher trying to figure out how sex education is going to work in the new term, things just got very complicated :whistle:

pmsl

Teacher: Right children....your daddy has a penis...your mummy has a vigina

Little Jimmy: I got 2 daddys

Teacher: Extra lessons for you after school Jimmy

Little Jimmy: That'll teach me :D

Has it though? Last long term relationship i was in, parents threatened me with murder and threw the girl out the house....

It is gettin better and probably nowhere near how it used to be (i'm young :D) but it's still not totally accepted

Yeah but you're butt ugly and a scouser. I'd throw my daughter out if she was shagging you.

I know that might sound harsh, seeing as she's only 6 and all, but one has to maintain standards.

Yeah but you're butt ugly and a scouser. I'd throw my daughter out if she was shagging you.

I know that might sound harsh, seeing as she's only 6 and all, but one has to maintain standards.

Hell wouldn't wanna be near anythin with your genes :D Hope she doesn't get her dad's looks! :D

Off to bed here too, gonna tuck myself in with my dog (rough collie type not slapper/bitch female sort)

Perfectly natural, believe me:ecstatic:

Hey Goodnight Paul...btw I love Collies used to have one when i was 17..was my best mate....at least we agree on something!......

Beasteality!:looney: nite mate:p

I'm actually from this century, and I was restating a point I had made earlier and why you would wish to come back and slaughter me for trying to make a point I don't understand. And I find that trying to say that I am like a despised figure like Hitler deeply offensive.

Ah so if you are from this century then you must be less than 5 years old..ah that figures then:p

Chill out it was all said with a HUGE sence of humour..we all have a different take on life..thats what a good debates all about, and some of us have such a varied existance to each other, some have been to the University of Life others have been to The University of Nether Wallop...

I just speak my mind like you do and based on my own understanding and learning...we are all still learning and i like to learn from other people too!

I hate it when everyone just cries the 'PC' letters...this is not about Political Correctness...this is a discussion about what is 'Morally' right or 'Morally' wrong...

The biggest factors seem to be the 'bullying' aspect a very worthy point and the parental gender roles...another very worthy point..but both questions have been coverered again and again...I mean CJ was bought up by his Gran (and he dosn't wear a skirt..well only on Saturday nights!!!) and kids get bullied for a number of reasons and is in some way a seperate issue but has its links obviously!!!!

But reading everyones comments and ALL the threads (that was when i fell asleep) I would still tick the yes box to Same sex couples adopting kids but I have learned a lot by reading everyones take on it...this BBS does in some ways represent quite a cross section of society...so I always like the debates on here...you kind of get the whole picture!

But we should all get out more:yawn: :D

The thing is with this thread, people have their own opinons, in the most part discussed properly. From what I can see though, these opinions are set in stone, no one is changing them, at best peoples opinions are becoming less extreme by seeing others views.

I can't really see where else this thread can go, it's just bouncing round the same issues now.:zzz:

I reckon, we should have a poll, lets cast a vote, yay or nay, what you people think?!!:shrug:

Basically im saying no to Gay couples adopting cause of bullying.

Where do you stand on acne, bad eyesight, ginger hair, overweight people, single parent kids on free school meals, the 'wrong' trainers etc etc etc then?

All things that pathetic bullies pick up on so should they be outlawed too?

Surely the solution to your arguement is better education / punishment for the idiots that need to make their lives complete through bullying?

Yours Sincerley,

Overweight glasses wearer from a single parent family

Where do you stand on acne, bad eyesight, ginger hair, overweight people, single parent kids on free school meals, the 'wrong' trainers etc etc etc then?

All things that pathetic bullies pick up on so should they be outlawed too?

Surely the solution to your arguement is better education / punishment for the idiots that need to make their lives complete through bullying?

Yours Sincerley,

Overweight glasses wearer from a single parent family

Well said..top reply!:clap: :cool:

I remember being picked on once...on one of the few occasions I showed up at school wearing a new blazer with the Oxfam label still attached...the amount of stick I got for that was unbelievable...nowadays its kind of trendy to wear Oxfam clothes...I'd draw the line at second hand boxer shorts though.

oh, you've edited your post now Oxy!

No I didn't edit the posts, Marty did. He could see that my comments were not subjective and I was getting stressed, so he edited them. So please dont think I was copping out, it was taken out of my hands.

I am not going to post on this thread anymore, whatever I say seems to start more bullshit and its futile.

Obviously everyone has got their own opinions on it, sort it out yourselves.

Im out of here.

I am not going to post on this thread anymore, whatever I say seems to start more bullshit and its futile.

Fair enough, although I wouldn't consider 95% of this thread to be bullshit so it shouldn't be put down just on the basis that you don't agree with it.

Surely the solution to your arguments is better education / punishment for the idiots that need to make their lives complete through bullying?

I think the answer to that one lies in educating youngsters about parenting and the importance of stability, security, praise and encouragement all prerequisites for the development of high self esteem. To make all potential parents understand the very complex needs of children.

Once kids reach the formal education system, it is often too late to deal with causes of poor self esteem, which in turn lead to some children bullying and some being victims.

I can’t remember who said it "Show me a child at five years and I'll show you the man." so many people are ready to blame the education system for the faults or poor parenting.

Seen the results of inadequate parenting that makes the examples showing the work of Dickens seem like Mary Poppins in comparison. One girl is now dead and a 19 year old lad is inside for a violent rape, another girl is the victim of rape and abuse and has a child of her own at 16, with no hope of providing, loving ,caring stable and secure environment for her child. I remember them as insecure play ground bullies with zero self esteem, with no control over anything at home, so gained power over other by bullying. I remember their parents as well, smack addicts, drunks, and thugs, all the the legal right to ruin the lives of their children.

There are many gay single parent fathers who have lost female partners have successfully brought up straight sons. Should these guys have their children taken away?

Many years ago there was an experiment in the USA called the Head start program, it involve early education of both children and their parents. The Children in the study group, grew up and cost the state many thousands of dollar less than children in the control group as they had less involvement with the law, use state benefits much less and made a greater contribution to society.

I have been saying it for years, but it is time, we helped people be better parents. It would lead to a much better world for all of us. The big problem is it takes a generation to see the results of such actions and no political party is in power long enough to see it through and I don’t think it would be a vote winner either.

One thing is for sure, if nothing is done to develop parenting skill the situation will get worse. The evidence is there for all to see; in the first few weeks of children starting school. The behaviour of a rapidly growing number of 4 and 5 years olds is totally uncontrollable, staff sustaining injuries, being trained in restraint techniques, 4- 5years expelled as they are just too disruptive and every other child’s education suffers.

Sorry for the long post, but kids are our future and too many of them are fucked up and go on to fuck up another generation. Soapbox pack away for a while I don’t care who brings up a child as long as they do it well if they cant they should not be allowed to do it at all. But that way lies Fascism.......................

It's true to say that most of what needed to be said on this topic was covered in the first page or two, but there is a tendency for people to restate their strong opinions, inviting the same responses again, thus perpetuating the cycle. However, firstly stuff is repeated from different perspectives so it's all valid. Although this thread could be 1/4 of its size, you can see people’s attitudes gradually changing as the thread progresses, so it's not wasted effort at the end of the day.

It's quite refreshing to see a forum for predominately '100% petrol head' car owners (excuses the stereotypes but you know what I mean) to be able to discuss wider issues in a sensible and open minded way.

at best peoples opinions are becoming less extreme by seeing others views.

I'd say that's actually a pretty good outcome for a thorny subject like this! It does appear that some peoples strong stance has softened slightly now and for that alone this thread was worth the effort. It's given me stuff to think about too, debates on here can be great when everyone keeps their head and listens to the opinions of others!

No I didn't edit the posts, Marty did. He could see that my comments were not subjective and I was getting stressed, so he edited them. So please dont think I was copping out, it was taken out of my hands.

Obviously everyone has got their own opinions on it, sort it out yourselves.

Im out of here.

Ok no problem. I think it's a shame that you have got a bad impression from this thread. I think some dubious things have been said, but overall the general sentiment seems to be quite a positive one, myself and a number of others expressing that it can only be a good thing in the long term, the long term for a civilised, evolved human race!

...and so it came to pass...and everyone lived happily ever after....that is...until next time!

Really good posts from Termy (interesting stuff) and Chilli.

Its great to get so many angles on this..this is where a BBS discussion board really comes into its own and every persons post is a valid one....I agree with Chilli that this is quite rare to have a grown up discussion like this on a Petrol Head BBS...