The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Same sex couples adopting WTF !

chris aka fonz

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah sorry dewd we are not all like Daffyd Thomas.

Oh mate, gutted :D sorry but the funniest thing in that show has to be Myfanwy, she really cracks me up

ou're probably not gay at all... ...you're probably just a little bit poofy
:haha:

Sorry, not really in keeping with the serious note of this thread :p

Yeah, suprising who is steering it that way :D (at this rate it'll be closed down)

Hmm think i'm gonna say it's all your fault :D

And Chilli, yeah hetero couples shouldn't force opinions on the kid either. Does anyone think that gay (same sex?!) adoption should be allowed now when the civil partnership thing's only just been approved (talkin about relationship stability here).

And Chilli, yeah hetero couples shouldn't force opinions on the kid either. Does anyone think that gay (same sex?!) adoption should be allowed now when the civil partnership thing's only just been approved (talkin about relationship stability here).

Yes I'd wonder if it should be left to settle for a while for sure, allowing for changes a step at a time, over time, to allow the general public and it's attitudes to adjust. I don't think anyone would object to that, would they?

Hmm think i'm gonna say it's all your fault :D

Correct me if I am wrong but haven't gay couples already been allowed to adopt children from outside of the UK for some time? I remember seeing a program on the box about a gay male couple (very wealthy as i recall) who adopted from another country.

Well i finally thought we got back on to the kids.....but nope back on to the Gay couples.

Basically im saying no to Gay couples adopting cause of bullying.

Example:

Ive read about in the old days when Divorcing and remarrying was a big thing. Parents would tell their children not to talk to or socilise with these outcasts.

Today not one parent would tell you not to speak to a child cause of the parents splitting up. Not one child would not speak to another child because he only had one parent or his mum was remarried. Or pick on them cause of this.

Today if a child had been adopted by gay parents, children would think nothing of picking on the kid, infact they'd prob just do it for fun. Gay couples....lets be honest now.... are not accepted by a vast majority of the country, be it religion, personal preference. Kids know this as well, as the media has blown it up so its for all to see. Give it 5 years and gay couples will almost be accepted everywhere and hopefully children accept this too. Then maybe adopting can begin.

When i say children i mean 12 - 16 yr olds.....remember the ones who think for themselves and dont listen to adults. We all may of been saints, but we all remember the ones who werent!

I’m not sure I’ve got strong enough views to even reply to this thread as I’m so laid back in regards to just about everything.

There is no right or wrong here, everyone has different opinions. Imagine if you were a single parent with a child and had no family/partner etc and for whatever reason you had to adopt your child. You were asked by the adoption agency if you have any preference as to whether to adopt to a straight or gay couple what would you prefer?

Yes I'd wonder if it should be left to settle for a while for sure, allowing for changes a step at a time, over time, to allow the general public and it's attitudes to adjust. I don't think anyone would object to that, would they?

Dude, I said that back on page 4 and you tore me a new one (not quite but you get my drift!)

Never saw it coming? if you are ok with same sex marrages and adoption as two things that are acceptable it's hardly a leap of faith,

remember it is us with the stigma, the issues and baggage, not the children who would grow up in it...

Well i finally thought we got back on to the kids.....but nope back on to the Gay couples.

Example:

Ive read about in the old days when Divorcing and remarrying was a big thing. Parents would tell their children not to talk to or socilise with these outcasts.

Today not one parent would tell you not to speak to a child cause of the parents splitting up. Not one child would not speak to another child because he only had one parent or his mum was remarried. Or pick on them cause of this.

Today if a child had been adopted by gay parents, children would think nothing of picking on the kid, infact they'd prob just do it for fun. Gay couples....lets be honest now.... are not accepted by a vast majority of the country, be it religion, personal preference. Kids know this as well, as the media has blown it up so its for all to see. Give it 5 years and gay couples will almost be accepted everywhere and hopefully children too. Then maybe adopting can begin.

When i say children i mean 12 - 16 yr olds.....remember the ones who think for themselves and dont listen to adults. We all may be saints, but we all remember the ones who werent!

I am strugling to see the logic here. You cite the old values and what used to happen. But sense and sensibility overcome that stupid predujice and now no one tells their kids not to talk to other kids of broken marriages. But if you now say that this can not happen then society is never going to evolve and accept this prospect.

Let me give you another example of prejudice. At one time, nixed race relationships were taboo in a lot of places. Bigots at the time said it was "unnatural" and that white folks should only go with white folks. Now, luckily for us all, that attitude was broken down. Maybe the prejudice here will break down too?

Doh! and I thought we might finally be getting somewhere lol

WhiteSupraBoy, have you read some of the posts above? Did you try my analogy? Not seeing both sides to it yet?

anyway, I need to get to bed, can't really blame a poor day at work on the forum lol.

Hope this interesting topic can be discussed more without it being deleted or removed... :)

I am strugling to see the logic here. You cite the old values and what used to happen. But sense and sensibility overcome that stupid predujice and now no one tells their kids not to talk to other kids of broken marriages. But if you now say that this can not happen then society is never going to evolve and accept this prospect.

Let me give you another example of prejudice. At one time, nixed race relationships were taboo in a lot of places. Bigots at the time said it was "unnatural" and that white folks should only go with white folks. Now, luckily for us all, that attitude was broken down. Maybe the prejudice here will break down too?

see ya point there too mate. But at same time why cause a problem that in this case can be prevented?!? without stopping society eventually progressing and accepting it.

Your completely right the race thing had to be broken down or it would of never happened!!

What im saying as you put it....let 'sense and senseability' accept Gay couples across the country before you go and throw children into the mix. This is children you cant say ohhh one generation can take the hard time of being accepted with Gay parents so future children can have a easy life.

As im sure the couples who put up with racist rubbish would of said, it was very tough and fact they were adults would of helped them get through it. And of course they had each other.

Whilst the child of course has no one....ohh they do they have the Gay parents who the child will end up hating as a child would think its them who is causing them to be bullied.

No pop intended mate obviously :) lol

Has it though? Last long term relationship i was in, parents threatened me with murder and threw the girl out the house....

It is gettin better and probably nowhere near how it used to be (i'm young :D) but it's still not totally accepted