The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Same sex couples adopting WTF !

chris aka fonz

Like I said in my post on page 6 CJ - that thread was not the time nor the place to air such views - I have more respect than that and as I said I wish them both the best. Hence me passing on my congrats. It makes no odds whether its Oxy or someone I didn't even know on that kind of thread. Not that I even know Oxy all that well............

Is that your name, Neil? Hey! Nice to meet you:clap: :cool:

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CJ: You have some animal on the back of a sheep as your avatar. Is there something you want to tell us?

I'm Welsh and therefore a sheep shagger. That avatar reminds me of old friendships I had when I lived in Wales. Anything else you need to know please feel free to ask.

I'd rather children that need a home went to a loving couple than to the women who wait till they're 40/45 to have children because their career is too important (demanding IVF on the NHS because its their right), farm them out to a nanny for another 12 years and have a breast implants on the NHS because motherhood has taken such a toll on them.

My only concern would be the effect of bullying on the child in same sex couples. But lets face it kids get bullied for anything.

I'm not even going to attempt to read all that lot. Here's my experience.

1) I lived in a flat whilst at uni with two lesbians and their FOUR kids. The kids were left overs from previous men before they 'came out' (or whatever you wan't to call it). The kids were fine about it, in fact I'd say they generally received more attention and love because of it. The lads could've done with toughening up a bit..nothing that a few good bar fights or a spell in the army wouldn't fix.

2) Two women two doors from me have a young lad called Jamie. He seems happy enough (despite the current fashion trend to look like a miserable b@stard all the time).

We are all made up of our life experiences.

Yes, kids brought up in this situation from square one will have a different take on life thinking it's 'normal' to have two mums.

BUT! - What the eff is 'normal' nowadays?

I gave up trying to make sense of things a long time ago.

hehe is this thread still going lol

it certainly provoked some strong and interesting reactions!

Well said Pete though, what is 'normal' anyway these days?

I'm convinced it's going to happen in time and it will become the 'norm', and when the dust has settled the only people looking slightly 'abnormal' will be those that can't get with the times.

Like a male chauvinist pig (and 101 other things that were once 'normal') stand out like a sore thumb these days... Things change and we adapt or get left behind...

Maybe we should stick to Supra's on the forum though lol, I think the TT vs NA, Manual vs Auto, UK vs Jap are much more straightforward (Manual TT all the way, uk or jspec who cares cause it has to be modded :D )

Not stirring anything up but they shouldn't be allowed to adopt yet. I'm not homophobic at all, the only thing that does my head in is campness, loads of straight people are camp so i don't like them either. Homosexuals (or is it "same sex" to be PC?!) can't marry, just have a recognized partnership, let everyone see how that works out. When a kid's involved then PC should be put on the back burner and the kid's needs thought of first.

Question though - what would happen if there was a kid needing a home and there was 2 perfectly matched, respectable couples - a man and a woman and 2 homosexuals? Who would get the kid? With today like it is, i reckon the homosexual couple would, probably end up causing a PC outrage id the straight couple got the kid even though it would be more "normal"

My view:

a pair of overly camp openly gay and we-want-everyone-to-know-it-and-by-god-i'm-gonna-tongue-my-lover-in-the-supermarket-whether-you-like-it-or-not faggots.... No.

A pair of fairly normal self supported sane people who just happen to like fucking members of the same sex.... Why not

My tuppence worth :thumbs:

but if the child is say 9 plus and going to a loving gay or lesbian couple then thast fine but adopting a child that is just born that knows no better imo is it a bit unfair on the child, as somebody said earlier and it will be a confused girl or boy and will follow the same pattern.

and am not saying the pattern they follow is the right one or wrong one but its just something i dont agree with but different circumstances have different scenarios lol.