The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Flat Sharing - Good or Bad?

Ceptik

Can be good or bad, all depends on how well you get on with the person, I had to share student digs and I was screwed over big time, so that kinda puts me off going into something similar again. But you can get lucky :)

I'm sure the type of person moving into a place around there must be half decent.. although it doesnt stop them being a bastard :D

lol... ok i was house sharing with 3/4 others (one girl who came and went and three other blokes)... this was in my first year at uni... anyway.... we got along for a few months, but the $hit hit the fan due to a few ladies we all got to know.... we all just left it and stuck to our own thing, just avoided each other like death... anyway, when term time ended (july) one of my "housemates" decided to take things a little too far and got his mates to give me a seeing to .... i was asleep in my room at the time they BROKE INTO THE HOUSE.... 6 blokes, i dont remember much besides being hit in the face with a baseball bat and having mushy peas in hospital for a few days.... police could not do a thing... even though the cid bloke who was investigating the case said he knew who was behind it, but the bloke had created a strong alibi for himself.... you never really know what your getting yourself into!

Some of the places i've come across include all bills and internet access. I may have to bite the bullet and get a one bedroom apartment slightly further out. I just cant stand travelling anymore. Been tubing for 7 years now and its far from got any better!

i would say go for it. over the past 5 years i have been living away from home at various shared places. i guess i was lucky in that i got on with everyone i ever lived with. as much as always being invited to their parties and nights out.

my last house mate moved to dubai and is now a very good mate, i just spent 10 days there at the end of november and his family treat me like one of theirs in as much as i have just spent xmas with them and am invited to all their family stuff like christenings etc :)

my advice is to find a place you like and keep the peace, i.e dont run around like you own the place and dont take liberties. after that, everything is easy ;)

Dont share unless you know the person well.

When I shared with Christina Aguilera, I could cope with her waking me up for a shag several times every night. But having to listen to her wandering around the house naked singing her head off just did my head in. I could never get in the bathroom as she was always singing infront of of the mirror. So I had the locks changed and left her stuff on the door step.

When I shared with Christina Aguilera, I could cope with her waking me up for a shag several times every night. But having to listen to her wandering around the house naked singing her head off just did my head in. I could never get in the bathroom as she was always singing infront of of the mirror. So I had the locks changed and left her stuff on the door step.

:rlol: :respekt:

What are the rules on bringing *ahem* female companions back for *ahem* coffee? Are they varied?

rules are some people are ok with that and others arent. i found that if you moved in with a couple/ family then it was an issue whereas with single people it wasnt.

i can see why she was so much of a "handful" :tomato:

You MUST be able to put your foot down and set things straight with the person your sharing with, otherwise the place will not be nice to live in. Lay down ground rules, can't stress that enough.

If you can do that, go for it. If your one of these people who is afraid to complain or confront, then don't.