The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any Brawlers on here ie fighters

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

that guys a nutter.

Like to see him fight Chris eWbank, Prince Naseem and Lewis.

If it was in a regular boxing match, I think a reasonably competent boxer of the same weight that (a) wasn't cowed by him wading in and (b)could take a punch, would destroy him. Obviously, in a UFC type thing, he would have the advantage. Scary man.

If it was in a regular boxing match, I think a reasonably competent boxer of the same weight that (a) wasn't cowed by him wading in and (b)could take a punch, would destroy him. Obviously, in a UFC type thing, he would have the advantage. Scary man.

I agree. In a skilled and ruled environment he would struggle. But in a street fighting situation...oh boy!

Just really getting in to watching MMA (UFC) really..

as some one said low running low kicks and knees while he is standing and the other guy is on the floor?? is that not a foul?

any half decent boxer at roughtly the same weight would muller him.. totaly different style of fighting, but he has got fast hands, but no guard and from that clip didn't see anyone land a punch so don't know how good his chin is...

have been training for around 8 years, and had the odd fight.. but not in mma, I train in Muay Thai, as I said slowly getting in to watching the UFC etc.. but prefer more of the stand up styles to the grappling and holds etc..

UFCs good as you need to be good in all forms incl. punching kicking and wrestling - some of it's quite sickening though, a dazed bloke on the floor and the other guy sits on his arms and punches him in the face repeatedly!!! It seems the ref never steps in.

I train in Muay Thai, as I said slowly getting in to watching the UFC etc.. but prefer more of the stand up styles to the grappling and holds etc..

There was a bloke at work who was acting all hard saying he's done Kickboxing for 3 years or something. I went up and said "Isn't Kickboxing the pansy watered down version of Muay Thai?" and he went a bit quiet! Was funny at the time but he blanked me after that, hope I don't meet him now.

...acting all hard saying he's done Kickboxing for 3 years or something. .

someone 'acting ard' and bragging about martial arts probably is not that good at it, but has a lot to prove (or so he believes)

Why would you want to go and insult him, you didn't gain anything, just made a potential enemy.

These guys respond really well to a 'fan', someone appearing to be really interested in their greatness. They brag and they brag and every time they see you their face shines. And you try to keep a straight face:devil:

Why would you want to go and insult him, you didn't gain anything, just made a potential enemy.

Cos it was funny. At the time I was doing some martial arts as well but hadn't told anybody, really I think I wanted him to attack me for the insult so I could kick his butt in front of his mates - but I kinda knew that wouldn't happen anyway!

Its quite funny the amount of people who do martial arts and like to shout it from the roof tops thinking they are the hardest thing on the earth..

I just enjoy the sport, both the training and the fighting I even help in organisinig events.. but in day-2-day life i pretty much keep it to myself.. either that or you get some one saying "even though you do that, I bet i could have you"... and the trouble starts....

do like the " pansy" coment though.. there is quite a rift in between Kickboxers and Thai boxers even though some cross train..

They are quite diffrent sports but i do like using elbows and knees..

Size and muscle count for nothing in today's society. They just make it easier to get you in prison. The tougher he looks (and acts) the more attention he attracts to himself and the tougher the opponents he'll face.

There is no law forcing people to settle arguments on a ring - in real life people who want to hurt you can chose the time, place and way to do it.

Smart people don't need to get beaten up for a living, either... ;)