The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Xmas shopping, how much have you spent on yourself?

Supralookin

I'm not one of life's great shoppers any more (prefer to sit on my lazy ass, having someone else deliver to my door). But I find whilst Xmas shopping I discover loads of stuff I really want, so far I have brought myself a MP3 player, cds, new clothes and have a list of things to go back and get in the sales . As for Xmas presents I've purchased 2 so far! Anyone else get a bit pre-occupied with ones self?

I've just found stuff I want and given Zoe the sad faced doe eyes until she says she'll get it for me either xmas or birthday!!

Actually I've bought a lot of my own presents off the net, on my credit card, delivered to me, then given them to someone else to wrap for me and they've given me the money!! Bit silly really!

Have people noticed there doesn't seem to be much suprise any more, it's all listed what you want and people buy it for you (which avoids getting things you don't want!). But basically that means it's an excuse to buy something for yourself that you can't really afford!

eg.: I buy someone a DVD they want, they get me a DVD I want - what's the point in that we could have just bought our own frickin DVDs in the first place!!!

Have people noticed there doesn't seem to be much suprise any more, it's all listed what you want and people buy it for you (which avoids getting things you don't want!).

Probably because there's so much crap out there to buy for christmas that people are tired of receiving it, therefore are more vocal at saying they don't want it and specifying stuff instead.

I hate opening crap "executive toy" type presents and pretending "I've always wanted one of those". - a complete waste of money.

Suits me if people say - much easier.

Probably because there's so much crap out there to buy for christmas that people are tired of receiving it, therefore are more vocal at saying they don't want it and specifying stuff instead.

IMO it's because most of us are of a cerain age group and are earning enough to buy pretty much what we want, within a certain limit that being the same limit that people would spend on xmas pressies.

I can't wait for xmas, loads of suprises!! Not all of them, I've already had mums... curtains for the house and a custom car cover :love: and I've asked my sister for saucepans because she is notoriously rubbish at buying good pressies :D (without wishing to sound ungrateful)

IMO it's because most of us are of a cerain age group and are earning enough to buy pretty much what we want, within a certain limit that being the same limit that people would spend on xmas pressies.

I can't wait for xmas, loads of suprises!! Not all of them, I've already had mums... curtains for the house and a custom car cover :love: and I've asked my sister for saucepans because she is notoriously rubbish at buying good pressies :D (without wishing to sound ungrateful)

One of yours is gonna be a suprise :devil: You've gotta post pictures up here if you like it :D

-Ian

One of yours is gonna be a suprise :devil: You've gotta post pictures up here if you like it :D

-Ian

Oh Christ, now the pressure is on, if I forget to post a pic you'll think I don't like it!

Does this mean I have to post pics of all the pressies that are a suprise? I've seen my tree... and it's almost buried in suprises... it could be a long thread...

Our family has made it a point that this year no-one spends more than twenty quid on anyone else. Just 'fun' presents only.

No driving force pro wheel for me then!

Makes perfect sense but bloomin eck, what a challenge!

We're doing a secret santa with a few of us and the price limit is £5 - it's impossible to buy anything worthwhile for a fiver!!!