The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drink driving.

tbourner

Bugger! I've got to drive pretty much every day over the next week, and it's my birthday on 27th and I've gotta drive all over the place then as well!!!! The only other person who can drive me around is Zoe and she hasn't passed yet! It's not fair I'll tells ya!!!

Sober Xmas. :(

Remember, 'Driving with Excess Alcohol' is different from being 'In Charge of a Vehicle with Excess Alcohol' in your body.

For the first of these, if found guilty, you WILL lose your license.

For the latter you CAN lose your licence, but this will depend on the circumstances and the magistrate has some discression. If you are supervising a learner, you are deemed to be in charge.

But to answer your question, Yes, it is illegal.

Bummer, the same for everyone I guess. Just chip in and get taxis! Unless of course you're too far from home.

Not even worth risking a couple this time of year too!

I've got a works truck which I just drive to the pub then leave there over night and taxi back. Then get a lift the next day to fetch it.

If you are supervising a learner driver, you must

Be over 21

Have held a full liecnce for at least 3 years.

If the learner driver is involved in an RTA or suspected of an offence YOU must also provide your name address and date of birth to a constable or vehicle examiner.

As for drink drive offences, the limits are the same as if you are driving:

35 microgrammes of alcohol per 100ml of breath

80 milligrammes of alcohol per 100ml of blood

107 milligrammes of alcohol per 100ml of urine.

As a supervisor you can be breathalised at the scene of an rta or if the driver is suspected of commiting an offence.

Therefore my advice is: if you are supervising set yourself a zero limit. You can't go wrong there.

If you are supervising a learner driver, you must

As for drink drive offences, the limits are the same as if you are driving:

35 microgrammes of alcohol per 100ml of breath

80 milligrammes of alcohol per 100ml of blood

107 milligrammes of alcohol per 100ml of urine.

Therefore my advice is: if you are supervising set yourself a zero limit. You can't go wrong there.

I purchased an alcomate pro nearly a year ago to make sure i was never over the limit (mainly for the morning) However i was sure the limit was 80 milligrammes on breath not blood. What a dick, looks like i have had some lucky escapes! :whip:

I wouldn't rely on them as an accurate measure of how much you've had to drink lol!

There's no hard and fast rule by saying ok 2 pints is the limit or such like cos two pints at lunch time can have more of an effect on you than two pints at say 8pm.

An easier way to give you guidance is if you can feel the effects of alcohol, then don't chance it cos you're probably at or over the limit.

I purchased an alcomate pro nearly a year ago to make sure i was never over the limit (mainly for the morning) However i was sure the limit was 80 milligrammes on breath not blood.
It's definitely 35 but if you're between 35 and 40 they let you off with a caution. Mine was 42 when I got done :(

I've heard a daft rule that you're allowed 1 pint for every 4 stone of body weight!

Someone told me the supposed 2 pint limit is based on the slimmest of men.

Kinda makes some sense (I think), bigger blokes usually can handle more beer.

On this silly rule I can drink approx 3 pints, I'm also ashamed to admit I've passed on more. :blush:

The only sure fire way to not get done is to not drink, full stop. I certainly wont risk even 1 this time of year.

I wouldn't rely on them as an accurate measure of how much you've had to drink lol!

There's no hard and fast rule by saying ok 2 pints is the limit or such like cos two pints at lunch time can have more of an effect on you than two pints at say 8pm.

An easier way to give you guidance is if you can feel the effects of alcohol, then don't chance it cos you're probably at or over the limit.

Exactly. Plus the fact that these things are not a Calibrated device like the ones used for the substantive breath tests in Police Stations. They should only be used as a rough guide. Personally I think people use them to 'drive to the limit' and many get caught out.

Better not to bother drinking.

Just for info, the roadside equipment used is not calibrated either. It only gives an indication. That's why there's a further test back at the nick.

There's really only one way to look at it at this time of year (or any other) don't drink and drive. Its simple and not worth it. It'll definately safe your licence and more importantly it may safe a life. As the current Government campaign states.........THINK!

i failed it after 2 bottles of aussie whites and 6 cans of hieneken after knocking a plod off his push bike lol, when i was arrested i was over the limit 1 hour later i was twice the limt lol and 3 hours later i got the local high score.

this was of course over 20 years ago and i wasnt on a fooking road, i was on what i was told was private land and only moved my car to let someone in to there space , but plod was looking for chavs on his bike lol, when i knocked him off he asked had i been drinking i said yep im hammered lol and laughed at him for having no lights on his bike

it took 12 months to proove it was public and i got £40 fine and 12 month ban

it was only deemed to be public as there was 1 poxy street light there which meant the public had a right to be there

now i wont even have 1 and drive its not worth it