The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Motorola V3 - Anyone got one? Any good?

chilli

I used to have a black one Chilli, could'nt get on with the menu system and I wanted more features than it had really.

I'd always had Ericssons or Sony Ericsson's as their now called, so I ve now got a K750i. I'm really pleased with it and it's got a great camera on it !:D

Don't get me wrong, the V3's are good quality phones but their just a bit to gimicky for me.

Hope this helps

Mark.

I got a V3 and love it. it is fairly easy to work with. Menus are not as easy to work with as a nokia( I have always had nokias before).

Quite gimicky being so thin, but that was what attracted me to it. the looks. it is probably the coolest looking phone and after having chunky nokias it is defo an upgrade.

Well, the GF wants the pink one but she's only ever had Nokias - tried changing before but always goes back. Heard they can be a bit flimsy - true?? The reviews are a bit mixed. GREAT looking phone though from the pictures. Not really in it for the features, she's got an ipod and a great digital camera, her nokia is dying a slow death though!

:yeahthat:

Went from having Nokia for years.

It's different, (but that's not necessarily bad) but I find it easy enough to use.

As for gimicky? Well the LACK of features made it one of the least gimicky phones I could buy. It makes calls - I wanted a phone. I have a camera for taking pictures!

I bought it for its' looks and style.(Got the black one) And it's comfy to use too.

Had it about 3 months and love it. I know a girl with a pink one (V3 that is!) and she seems to like it enough too. (She paid about £200 for hers when they first came out - DOH!)

My girlfriend went from having nokia's to it, they love the pink one.

I dont think you can say its crap, everyone wants something different out of a phone.

The menu's take a bit of getting used too if you are used to nokia's but the same can be said about my nokia 6680 its totally different to use compared to my old nokia.

They do look good.

I have the black and love it - the menu is not intuative but can be customised to work well - just bought my GF a pink one and she loves it too BUT - it seems to have some software probs - random shut down etc - I think maybe they're rushing the latest batch out quickly for Xmas and some are not spot on - CPW are going to swap the pink but not til after Xmas as they have no stock now

I was going to get a V3 or try and find a Nokia 8800 cheap! Heard both were just posing pieces and neither were as good as other phones, speakers on the V3 are apparently crap (having had a 6230 - best speakers on a phone at the moment), and the features on the 8800 are very bad as well.

So traded my 6230 in for a Samsung D600.......... and it's shit!!!!! Really wish I'd gone for the 6230i now.

I got a V3 and love it chilli. good camera, video, menu easy to use, speakers are fine, dont no what other people are on about. its small, light etc.

and you can always mod the phone. :eyebrows:

But suppose it depends on what your looking for in the phone.

Only thing I will say but I find this with all flip phones and that is the connection to the screen, wires can come loose.

Hope it helps

Today Motorola launched the updated V3 called the V3i. as far as im aware this has all the good points of the V3 but now with a 1.3 megapixel camera and external memory in the form of a TransFlash (micro SD) card. Size is still tbc.

In addition to these upgrades its also suppose to be having apples I-tunes.

Im hopefully getting one of these very soon!!

For more info see the links below…

http://www.mobilegazette.com/motorola-razr-v3i-051105.htm?rss

http://phone.mobile9.com/motorola/razr-v3i/?view=review

Hope that helps!

Steve :D

I've had a V3 for over a year now, and I went to the shop recently to upgrade to a new phone. But I could not find anything near it for looks and if there's one thing I don't like it's a bulge in my pocket (oo-er) so V3 is the one for me. As for menu, relax even if it is different to a Nokia, or harder to use, you get used to it no matter what, it's second nature to me now no problem