The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheesecake making??

Supragal

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not the expert, but I remember when my significant other made a baked one with mascapone and it was just perfect and I don't think there was any cream cheese (blergh) in it. I'll get her to send you the recipies - highly recommended! well erm by me at least lol :)

Digsy- lemon in them, blergh, nooooooo ;) Just had that here (xmas lunch) not for me...

Well, vanilla is just too...vanilla for me, so I was thinking of something to sharpen it up a bit - like that recipe has zest in it, so there :p

"Doneness". That's a new word for me! :)

mascarpone is cream cheese!!

but tried and tested recipies would be fantastic if it's definately a mascarpone one!!!! :thumbs:

lol ok! What I meant was it has only real Mascarpone cheese in it, not those super creamy things like Philadelphia which TBH I personally think doesn't taste as good...

If they are all called 'cream cheeses' then ok sorry I didn't realise that, I always thought of cream cheese as those manky cheese spreads blergh and not the real thing!

will pm you the recipies later if she still has them :)

Rosie ....... PM sent !!!!!!

You supra muppets !!!!!!!! No class, all big turbo's and biscuit bases :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Baked cheese cake is the ONLY way to go gentlemen !!!!! Not set in the fridge and you can also blind bake a rough pastry base rather than go for the kitch 80's crushed digestive effect !!!!!

Philli etc will turn out too sweet ...... I believe the stuff you'll need is called Quark and contains much less fat and should be used half and half with "soft" cheese both of which are available from Sainsburys !!!!!

We're thinking of letting Jamie Oliver drive a zed next year ....... but only if he stops saying 'innit, otherwise he can buy a supe

:nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah:

Baked cheese cake is the ONLY way to go gentlemen !!!!! Not set in the fridge and you can also blind bake a rough pastry base rather than go for the kitch 80's crushed digestive effect !!!!!

of course, who's arguing, it's baked all the way! but the pastry base, hmm that's more debatable lol

Philli etc will turn out too sweet ......

Yep it's rather sickly!

I believe the stuff you'll need is called Quark and contains much less fat and should be used half and half with "soft" cheese both of which are available from Sainsburys !!!!!

Soft cheese all the way for me! Why dilute it with something else!

We're thinking of letting Jamie Oliver drive a zed next year ....... but only if he stops saying 'innit, otherwise he can buy a supe

I'm not sure I like what you're insinuating about the Supra community lol :p

Supragal, sounds like you've got a bit of a sweet tooth.

Ive got the recipe of all recipe's for Tiramisu, if your interested.

Its so quick and easy, but, oh my god how good...

Kip, I'll be in the g/f good books for ever if you could see your way to PMing me that recipe :thumbs: she's a sucker for Tiramisu.

:thanks:

Mike

Hey, this is Lindsey.

I have made baked cheesecakes with much success. Please DO NOT use Philladelphia!! PLEASE! Mascarpone is the only way to go, 500g of the stuff for a full size one!

The base should still be biscuit: Crush digestives, in a pan melt the butter and sugar together and then mix with the biscuit. Press tightly into your case (Get a cake tin where the bottom comes out).

My favourite filling is orange but this should be good too if you're looking for something rich:

Ingredients

150g digestive biscuits, finely crushed

50g demerara sugar

100g Butter, melted

500g Mascarpone cheese

150g caster sugar

4 eggs, lightly beaten

50g unsweetened cocoa powder

150g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids, melted

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas 3.

2. Biscuit base, as above...

3. In a large bowl, whisk the cream cheese and caster sugar until smooth and fluffy.

4. Using a large metal spoon, fold in the eggs one at a time.

(this can look a bit split at one point, just don't panic and keep mixing!)

5. Mix in the cocoa powder and melted chocolate.

6. Pour the mixture over the biscuit base.

7. Place in the oven and bake at for 45- 50 minutes until springy.

8. Allow to cool in the tin before turning out.

You don't need to put anything on top, it looks cool because it's a baked one, they only look plain when they are chilled ones.

Good luck!!!

p.s. if you want to add orange, grate a bit of zest and just mix it in, make it fine though, and a cap of orange essence.

Ok, so last night I got 4 different types of cheese...

philli

mascarpone

waitrose "cream cheese" (found some!)

waitrose "creamy cheese"

DISASTER!

I used what looked like a really simple recipie as I figured I was only interested in the basic flavour the different cheeses gave. Each uncooked mix tasted great, but very different, but after cooking... blergh! I think something bad happened to the egg, it was like eating sweet non lumpy slightly separated scrambled egg.

What would cause that? Undercooked? Weird recipie? Just seems odd that it happened will all 4.

The recipie was only cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla.

ooops, did you mix the cheese and caster sugar until smooth and fluffy? Did you fold the eggs in 1 at a time and keep mixing? It should go ok, you really only need one type of cheese, maybe try the recipie above, good luck!

EDIT, she is not here at the moment, I'll ask her to dig one out for you if she has one :)

ooops, did you mix the cheese and caster sugar until smooth and fluffy? Did you fold the eggs in 1 at a time and keep mixing? It should go ok, you really only need one type of cheese, maybe try the recipie above, good luck!

EDIT, she is not here at the moment, I'll ask her to dig one out for you if she has one :)

I meant I made 4 different mixes to try each flavour cheese, not all 4 in one mix...

I followed the recipie exactly- maybe that the problem!!!