The mkiv Supra Owners Club

This is bound to Cause a Stir

JonW

>> >After hearing that the Birmingham council changed its opinion and

>> >let

>>a

>> >Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face

>> >covered. [/b]

How long have councils been handing out driving licences? BTW, it's only spelt license in the States.

well my 2p is Great Briton is the only place with GREAT in its name the only way we can keep it that way is not change it

Quality :ecstatic:

I think I'd put money on that "editoriial" having originated in the US, probably on some right-wing fundamentalist Christian blog.

As already pointed out, "In God we trust" is much more American than British.

"Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation" also sounds like something that an American would say.

"Our Flag, Our Pledge"? What pledge is that, then? U.S. again.

Isn't "Fair go" an Australian expression? How did that get in there?

If you Google a sentence from that so-called British tabloid article you'll find it on forums and blogs all over the net, but can you find it on any of the tabloid sites?

I can however, easily find versions with "London" replaced by America, Australia, and Canada, and in every case the poster couldn't be bothered to remove the Americanisms....

Not worth arguing about :)