The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How the heck do you deal with a 10yr old kid?

osso

I've been seeing this bird recently who has a 10 yr old daughter, until now i've never met her! :scare:

She's invited me over for a meal this weekend, which involves some shopping and a visit to tesco's! and buy a dog a bone! :faint:

Apparently she's got her daughter with her this weekend, and looks like i'll be helping them put up the xmas decorations! yet i've not been around kids for years! how do you deal with a 10yr old daughter? all i know she's past the crawling stage and probably talks! :scare: what do i do?! do i let her put the xmas star on top of the tree and let her turn on the lights, then lock her in the cupboard? lol

I've been seeing this bird recently who has a 10 yr old daughter, until now i've never met her! :scare:

She's invited me over for a meal this weekend, which involves some shopping and a visit to tesco's! and buy a dog a bone! :faint:

Her 10 yr old daughter has invited you over for a meal? Crikey, have you said you'll go? I wouldn't mate, stay well away. :whistle:

Her 10 yr old daughter has invited you over for a meal? Crikey, have you said you'll go? I wouldn't mate, stay well away. :whistle:

be yourself and don't try to hard, if she is stand offish be polite and have a laugh in general she will want to join in.

been there so many times it is very hard work, depending on the mother.

You'll be fine! Don't think of her as a potential step daughter, just think of her as a kid thats going to be well excited about putting up the decorations!

Get some xmas tunes on :)

having said that... not sure what stage 10 year olds are at these days, she might well be too busy texting on her mobile phone...

Don't know what she's like, but be warey of her not liking you, not because of you but because you're not her Dad.

If it does go like that...don't take it personally, and rise above it. Treat her with the kindness you'd show your own child and she'll come around.

PS if she is a little brat and you're still good to her, the mum will reward you ;) :p And if she doesn't then slap the both of them and walk out

Hopefully it will all be good though :)