The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil Depot Blast!

Syed Shah

Jesus, I wouldv heard this from my flat no probs! but was in lincoln for the weekend with my parents! I'll tell you what tho...as a supra owner...16,000 gallons of fuel down the swanny! makes me wana cry!

16,000 gallons....ermm

no........ 20 tankers each holding 3 million gallons of fuel

so thats 60 million gallons of fuel :D:whistle:

Someone better call an ambulance, Whitesupratt currently having heart attack :D lol

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

arrr christ! im going to cry myself to sleep! such a waste, just burning away! This panic buying lark is rediculas! Its not a refinary, its storage! jesus some people are stupid! (Not aimed at people on here). It might be the 5th biggest STORAGE place for fuel in country, BUT...as far as general supplys go its a drop in the ocean! numptys!

Its panic buyers that cause shortages!

Sorry, feel better for that outburst now!

Guest The Flash

It woke me as I only live about 4/5 miles away..... oh no, sorry - make that I was woken by idiots phoning me to see if I was ok and did I hear it! ... NO, I was alsleep - strange that at 6 on a Sunday Morning !!!

Seriously though - friend is a Tanker driver for BP - based at Buncefield. Was only about 7 last night finally managed to get message from him to confirm he was ok! How no-one was killed is just a miracle.

Is this really what Hemel is now going to be known for - will people slowly forget the "Magic Roundabout" - what a sad thought!!!!

i heard it when it happened, and i am down near Hastings on the Coast, other people here heard it as well.

apparently people in Nertherlands heard it as well.

miracle no one was killed or seriously injured, considering the coverage of the flames.

as some guy said on the TV at the time, lucky it wasn't that time on Monday.

if it really was a pipe fault, and that was the result, and we get police saying its an accident. imagine if terrorists stuck at other refining plants at the same time, would cripple the country.

Managed to get hold of the MD of our firm, him and several managers are based in a local hotel sorting the business from there.

He said that later today he may be let near the building to asess the damage and that our insurers have structural engineers on standby.

I can't see anything getting underway until the fires are out, he told me another couple of days minimum and to wait to hear from them.

On a positive note wages should be paid as normal:D

He did say that the whole side of the building was reported as being ripped off along with all the glass out and some brickwork damage too.

Paul

Right lads, pics from a mate there, taken at 06:11am (few mins after the initial blast)

The red brick building with the side of the factory pealed off is where I work, the white building with the fireball behind is the '3 COM' headquarters, sure some of you IT guys know it?

Michael,

Northgate was down a bit further from 3 Com, over the road from my firm. I've got no photos but seen it on the news and it's wrecked!!

Still standing but completly blown through, the oil depot was directly behind it.

Yeah the update from them doesn't sound too promising but on the positive side we can update some of the old IT equipment with the insurance money :)