The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil Depot Blast!

Syed Shah

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt this pretty bad this morning, I live on the outskirts of Hemel about 3/4 mile away!!

No damage to house from what we can see, the firm I work for was shown on Sky, all the front windows out, brickwork fallen and the side of the factory opened up line a tin can.

I got a few calls from workmates, one was in at 6 when it happend and he was blown accross the floor, he said that the inside is wrecked, the shopfloor devasted! He and the others in are all well, just bruises, they thought something had gone off inside the factory then run outside to find the fireball.

My house has a clear view across to it all and we saw massive fireballs going up and two or three further explosions, shit the life out of us as the whole house rocked.

At the moment rumor has it we are off tommorow at the very least and may not get back till the new year:respekt:

On the downside, there were rumors of relocating so if this is the case it'll make the decision for them! I'll enjoy any break up till then but not sure what effect this will have on my job in the long term?

Bloody Hell! I was telling my girlfriend 'I swear there was an earthquake in Luton early morning'!!!

I woke up at 6 and just after 6, the house rumbled! All the neighbours dogs started barking like mad! Dixons group head office is nearby and have taken up their contingency plan - some people will be moved to Isle of man! They have office space an Stevenage - 30 computers so still need to house about 1900 people!!!!!

My in-laws were awake when this happened this morning and quietly reading a book and they heard it..........in Norfolk!!!!

Apparently they have had reports of people in Holland and Belgium hearing it. Something to do with a blanket of warm air over this part of europe and almost no wind meant that the sound (and now the smoke) was unable to penetrate into the upper atmosphere and instead spread sideways.

Bizarre!

Looks a mess down there though!

I woke up about 2 hours ago..however I arrived home about 6am after my car was blocked in at a friends party...

I was driving home this morning and it felt like someone had shot at the car or the tyre had blown...I never thought about it..checked the tyres etc..all ok.

Guess it must of been the explosion!

cant see the smoke from here though...maybe im looking in the wrong direction!

felt the blast this morning too. mum thought it was the boiler or something lol. strange i knew it was an explosion but didnt realise the scale to be that big.

here are photo's of my neighbour who has moved out near there, only 1mile away from the blast.

window seal all cracked from the blast.

last pic as it is at the moment.

Well, it certainly woke me up this morning, I'm about 7 miles away. Heard the bang (woke me up) went outside as it sounded quite close, couldn't see anything so i went back to bed, then one of my mates called at about 7:30 and told me to put the news on. I'm amazed there are no fatalities.:thumbs:

Guest Terry S
Well, it certainly woke me up this morning, I'm about 7 miles away. Heard the bang (woke me up) went outside as it sounded quite close, couldn't see anything so i went back to bed, then one of my mates called at about 7:30 and told me to put the news on. I'm amazed there are no fatalities.:thumbs:

Same, thought it was a plane crash, blew my lofy hatch down, and I obviously didnt latch the garage door properly as the up & over style door was half open. Knowing what that area is like, it scares the life out of me if that had happened during normal working hours.

Well, looks like I've got a day off, maybe more?

The whole industrial site is shut off, saw my firm from the helicopter shots and it's amazing how close this thing was!

My mates car (a Volvo:rlol: ) is still in the car park out the front of the building surrounded by bricks and broken glass. He popped home with someone else straight after to let his missus know he was OK and when he returned half hour later they had shut the area off so his car, phone, house keys etc are still up there.

At the moment we can still see huge flames over the back of our place, we're right on the edge of the exclusion area overlooking a field. The smoke has been terrible all day, luckily going away from our house at the moment but enough to make your eyes sting even indoors.

Makes you laugh cause at 6:30am on a Sunday it was like a bloody rush hour outside the back, cars everywhere, parking up taking a look.

They say that there may be other explosions, hope they ain't like the one last night cause my nerves are shattered already:thumbdown

Paul