The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Britain today?

CJ

Incitement my friend, i assure you it is illegal. But anyway, this thread should be stopped as there is way too much tension here!

You seem well versed in the 'racism' laws my friend, had experience of using them before?

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, if I had said 'Paki' in any of my posts I would have been flamed for it yet it's OK for you to say it? How does this work then?

(Genuine question btw)

That's because he's referring to Pakistanis not just Asians like a lot of people seem to do! I would not slate someone for saying "Paki" if they were doing the same, as it's like saying a Brit!

You seem well versed in the 'racism' laws my friend, had experience of using them before?

Nope, just heard recently of several cases of people being prosecuted for just that kind of thing, putting posters up in a local village was one (yes i understand that is somewhat different to this!). Nonetheless, still incitement

That's because he's referring to Pakistanis not just Asians like a lot of people seem to do! I would not slate someone for saying "Paki" if they were doing the same, as it's like saying a Brit!

I would say that the word 'Paki' is far less acceptable than questioning a group on whether they were taxed and insured wouldn't you? You do seem to pick and choose a bit.

Can you name any riot or problems here in the uk caused by indians?

It is these people who give all us honest hard working asians a bad name. (the only thing we have in commen with them is the colour of our skin).

Strange but true, why is it that people associate all Asian people together, Asia's a massive place!!! And another thing - isn't China in Asia? So when people say "Asian people" do they mean Chinese too? Hmmm....

ok guilty...i have a gripe with cj (ever since he accused me of being a trader and tried to ruin the chances of me selling my car) :clap:

no all the asian releted problems here over the last few years has been in pakistani communities (7/7, birmingham riots, northern riots etc).

Can you name any riot or problems here in the uk caused by indians?

It is these people who give all us honest hard working asians a bad name. (the only thing we have in commen with them is the colour of our skin).

be realistic mate.... its not just the colour of the skin.... or the country.... :Popcorn:

I would say that the word 'Paki' is far less acceptable than questioning a group on whether they were taxed and insured wouldn't you? You do seem to pick and choose a bit.

Not at all Paul, I was merely meaning if someone said "Paki" on this forum I would not comment if they were meaning Pakistanis as I would assume it was just shortening the word, however the car ins/road tax comment is pure generalisation, not to mention unfounded and just downright silly!

I'm aware that incitement to racial hatred is illegal, and quite rightly too. However, I don't think Paul's post even close to incitement.

It wasn't Jake and that's the whole problem with all this. Anything however minor can be twisted to suit by using 'incitement' or 'perceived'

What a load of old bollocks it's all come to!

Not at all Paul, I was merely meaning if someone said "Paki" on this forum I would not comment if they were meaning Pakistanis as I would assume it was just shortening the word, however the car ins/road tax comment is pure generalisation, not to mention unfounded and just downright silly!

the word "paki" has been considered a racist slur for many years.... i still dont know if its any diffrent....

I'm aware that incitement to racial hatred is illegal, and quite rightly too. However, I don't think Paul's post even close to incitement.

Hmmm, it is in the way that it encourages this kind of discussion, and lets be honest - to say that they don't pay for car ins/road tax doesn't exactly instill confidence in me that he isn't a racist. I'm not saying you are Paul, just think you need to think before you post!

what else then?

:Popcorn:

if you can't work that out for yourself, i'm not gonna help you with it.... and for your info... the three sucide bombers where pakistani ORIGIN, and one west indian.... the guy who made the device was egyptian....

use facts. :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

the word "paki" has been considered a racist slur for many years.... i still dont know if its any diffrent....

I agree, however it is only like saying brit or scot if used in the right way. It's only become a racist slur because of people using the term in the wrong way to describe all asian people.

i said pakistani....this are people from pakistani origin just like indians are from indian origin....which part of that dont you or paul understand...

i suggest you do some background reading into this first the history, differences, relegion etc...

CLASSIC.... :respekt:

if you looked at the history, you'll see pakistan and india have only been independent say....... 50 - 60 odd years.... hence, can you not for a brief moment of time understand the fact that A LOT of the customs are the SAME in both indian and pakistani culture?? do you HONESTLY believe they have come so far as to be considred diffrent ethnic groups??

Origin is just that.... and to level headed people, means jack shit.... i'm british first.

This is a good example...... pengiun and paul cant tell the difference between the different types of asians (pakistanis, indians etc)...with their lack of basic understanding i dont think its work carrying on.

yep, your right mj, i suggest you setup your own political party as your obv more englightened then the rest of us...... :rlol:

Hmmm, it is in the way that it encourages this kind of discussion, and lets be honest - to say that they don't pay for car ins/road tax doesn't exactly instill confidence in me that he isn't a racist. I'm not saying you are Paul, just think you need to think before you post!

And what ever happend to free speech? Fine when it's an out and out racial comment but I don't believe for one minute that my 'view' can be taken and thrown back in this way.

I'm 39yrs old and wasn't brainwashed at school with all this PC malarky, maybe one reason for our differences on the subject?