Britain today?

CJ

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mixed view to the way UK is going at the mo

I came here to study many years ago and it was my parents who forced me to come to UK. I hated it then as people speak english and drink tea with milk. I was always last in my class in HK and my parents thought I would do better in London and out of trouble.

I study a year in Paris where my father work in Lyon. I came to UK to study form 2, then GCSE, A levels, Uni and pre-reg and now full time empolyed. I class as an immigrant and I benefited from grant which kindly given to me by Greenwich LEA.

I have been working for the past 5 years full time and now I pay the higher band tax rate which means some part of my earning is now under 40% tax. I speak English as good as my Chinese skill and I speak to my girlfriend in English in public places unless I don't want people to know what we are talking about.

It is my time to pay back the UK gov for the support of my education. The taxes I paid in the last 5 years will be more than enough to fund my UNI grant and I had private education up to a levels. I had always try fit in with the local people. I choose to live here and I will always live the way how people lived.

Not all immigrant are like me tho, some chinese come here and have children here. Speak not a world of English, claim benefit and work in take aways. Gamble all the money and get more from the post office evey week :stickpoke

My taxes should goes to people who really needed it, immigrant or not.

I have mixed view to the way UK is going at the mo

I came here to study many years ago and it was my parents who forced me to come to UK. I hated it then as people speak english and drink tea with milk. I was always last in my class in HK and my parents thought I would do better in London and out of trouble.

I study a year in Paris where my father work in Lyon. I came to UK to study form 2, then GCSE, A levels, Uni and pre-reg and now full time empolyed. I class as an immigrant and I benefited from grant which kindly given to me by Greenwich LEA.

I have been working for the past 5 years full time and now I pay the higher band tax rate which means some part of my earning is now under 40% tax. I speak English as good as my Chinese skill and I speak to my girlfriend in English in public places unless I don't want people to know what we are talking about.

It is my time to pay back the UK gov for the support of my education. The taxes I paid in the last 5 years will be more than enough to fund my UNI grant and I had private education up to a levels. I had always try fit in with the local people. I choose to live here and I will always live the way how people lived.

Not all immigrant are like me tho, some chinese come here and have children here. Speak not a world of English, claim benefit and work in take aways. Gamble all the money and get more from the post office evey week :stickpoke

My taxes should goes to people who really needed it, immigrant or not.

thats the problem the government here should be targeting the benefit cheats and the people who are here for freebies.....