The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gone Single - What would you do differently ?

Sharpie

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello mate, my mods seem to be the same as yours but I have oil cooler, transmission cooler and also water injection. I would love to see your Dyno sheet mate if you have it, my Supra was dynoed at 470 at the hubs at 1.4bar which is probably about 520 at the fly based on 10% transmission loss for an auto.

I would love to see your dyno sheet mate so I can compare and see where the differences are. What boost was you running mate when the car was dynoed and was it on optimax

cheers

Hello mate, my mods seem to be the same as yours but I have oil cooler, transmission cooler and also water injection. I would love to see your Dyno sheet mate if you have it, my Supra was dynoed at 470 at the hubs at 1.4bar which is probably about 520 at the fly based on 10% transmission loss for an auto.

I would love to see your dyno sheet mate so I can compare and see where the differences are. What boost was you running mate when the car was dynoed and was it on optimax

cheers

Aye, yeah, nice idea, stick yours up and I'll put up mine and Veilside can put his up and we can compare what mods appear to have produced what results :thumbs:

-Ian

Ian here are my dyno results from Thorm for my single, when I was BPU running 1.2 bar I was getting 370 at the hubs, Single turbo conversion (PHR Stage 1) 470 at the hubs at 1.4bar

DSC00147.JPG

DSC00148.JPG

DSC00149.JPG

I am looking to uprate the cams to either staggered or 264 all round and put on some uprated pulleys. I am interested to know what type of gains I could expect. With teh water injection running a methanol mix + tesco 99 octane, I was hoping I could run 1.5 - 1.6bar on occasion

Off the top of my head without digging the sheet out i made 515 at the hubs at 1.39 bar at Thor. Running on optimax.

If i get chance to scan the sheet in ill post it up.

Vaughany, i wouldnt sell yourself so short with those trans losses :p .

A 6speed looses more than that! Pete told me that i was looking a losses of between 20-23%!!!

Hello mate, my mods seem to be the same as yours but I have oil cooler, transmission cooler

Forgot to add i have trans cooler.

Cheers MR.B for the quote! :clap:

Heelo Veilside TT, Would the cams on the UK Supra be responsible in the difference between mine and your figure. If so then I definitely need to uprate my cams. If you can find your print out, post it up mate as I would like to see how if the single power comes on at the same time for a uk car as a J-Spec.

Vaughany....not sure if this is due to my VVTi or being a 6-speed or both, but I can get 1bar at 3000rpm in 5th (1:1). Yours is nearer 3500...which gear were you dyno'd in, as this has a great bearing on reaching full boost?

I'm under the impression that the PHR Stg1 is nigh on the same as the T61.

Off the top of my head without digging the sheet out i made 515 at the hubs at 1.39 bar at Thor. Running on optimax.

If i get chance to scan the sheet in ill post it up.

Vaughany, i wouldnt sell yourself so short with those trans losses :p .

A 6speed looses more than that! Pete told me that i was looking a losses of between 20-23%!!!

What fuel pressure are you running? Only if you're on 550cc injectors you can't make 620HP without raising the fuel pressure to silly levels.

I made 515 at the hubs, My flywheel figure is based on a transmission loss percentage that can be argued till we are all blue in the face. I just went with what pete told me about the auto trans losses:p

Pete at thor set up my FPR and i have not got round to getting a gauge yet so im not sure what it runs.

Hi Alex

it was dynoed at Thor's, I believe he dynoes the autos in drive with the OD off. Unfortunately I was'nt there at the time, Leon from JPS mapped it. Yeh you are right, the BL 61 and the PHR stage1 are pretty much the same.

I am curious how veilside TT has made a further 45bhp than mine with the same mods, could this anything to do with the cams

It all depends on the little things as well - like exactly how much boost you run (e.g. I run 1.2 or 1.4bar, but in reality it's been variable like 1.5bar at 4500rpm tailing off to 1.35bar up top - pesky boost controller but I can't fiddle with it yet due to the turbo test I'm doing, plus the general weather and atmospherics affect it). You may run 1.38bar, he may run 1.45bar. You may have slightly less compression in a few cylinders. Maybe your AFRs are richer (safer but slightly less power)... Perhaps the exhaust system is a tad more restrictive, causing a decrease in the engines VE. All these little things may stack up. Perhaps it was a colder day. Thinner engine oil. Maybe Jupiter was in alignment with Mars.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Just to add, ahaha, fuel to the fire - at 6500rpm, 1.39bar of boost, my 720cc injectors are running at 82% duty cycle giving 11.2:1 afrs. At this point on my dyno I'm pushing the 580bhp at the wheels figure :thumbs: 720cc *0.82 = 590cc...

If I took my transmission losses as 23% for a manual I should have 750bhp :rlol: I don't think so :) I'll stick with the 7.5% giving 630bhp flywheel figure. A nice number but I can't help feeling it's being devalued if a T61 on 550's can do that :nyah:

-Ian

Ian thanks for the answer, I dont want to get involved in teh transmission losses. just out of interest, will uprated cams make a difference, i have heard rumours of 30bhp - is this true

Judging by my dyno I made a frankly mad 70bhp :blink: Plus it loses traction in 3rd when it's cold at 5500rpm which is when this extra shove comes on cam. You'll deffo notice it as the car will wind all the way to the rev limiter without running out of puff!

Mr Veilside, I read this:

"A 6speed looses more than that! Pete told me that i was looking a losses of between 20-23%!!!"

and thought you meant you had a 6 speed manual cos that's how it reads, soz :)

-Ian

Ian, thanks for the info mate, seems cams are definitely the next mod, staggered or 264 all round, well thats another thread.

Veilside TT, post up your sheet as I would like to compare fuelling etc and see if that is where the extra power came from. My car was mapped not using the water injection. I suppose I could trim the fuelling back abit for more power and use the water injection to compensate.

I suppose I dont want to push it to hard, cams first i think

My car was mapped not using the water injection. I suppose I could trim the fuelling back abit for more power and use the water injection to compensate.

I wouldn't suggest pulling fuelling to increase power mate. If you have got AFRs between 11.0 and 12.0:1 on full boost, be happy and comfortable that it's not gonna det :)

-Ian

Ian,

Apologies, ive just read it and can see why it looked like i said a 6speed looses 20-23%. Never did any good in English at school:blush:

Ive dug out my dyno sheet, when i get a min i will scan it in and post it up.

My actual (hub) BHP was 508.5 @ 6559rpm @ 1.39bar.

Torque was 417.2

AFR reads 11.08?

At 3750rpm i was at 1bar and at 3900rpm i was at 1.3bar.

Mr Veilside = Scott, although i prefer Mr Veilside, it has a nice ring to it:OK:

• 5 months later...