The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where are you going for Xmas

MARTIN R

The wife and I are headed back to the U.S. for her brother's wedding. Get to see the parents and my other family. We're returning to Europe via Brussels and I had considered flying us up to Scotland or Ireland for New Year's. Any suggestions? A cheap carrier like Ryan Air will be a must of course after 12 days in the states. Probably fly up the evening of the 30th and come back on the first.

I go back to wales on Xmas eve and spend the night at my mother's house. In the morning i go to my ex wifes house and have breakfast with her and my sons. I then have Xmas lunch with my mother (just the 2 of us as I have no other immediate family) and then tea at my ex's. It is then time to travel back to Abingdon and for me, Xmas is over :(

Off to my mum and dads on Christmas day, then up to Keith's dads in Derbyshire. Not sure when were visiting his mum :(

I remember when Christmas was just sitting at home, now it seems so manic!

The manic bit seems to get more and more. The drive to Scotland will be good though if the weather is kind ( really want to take the Supe)

I shall be heading south to spend Crimbo with my sister and her family.

As I was raised in Bournemouth it still feels like home.

Me and sis get on well and manage to drink obscene amounts of champers between us whenever we get together, I think it was 18 bottles over a four day period last year....bring it on.

Christmas whats that ??? I'm working xmas eve then will get up about 11am (after working until 1am xmas morning) have lunch with the other half. Then do the present run, fall asleep and then be back at work boxing day :(

ooh unlucky, but just think of how many annoying relatives (if you have any) you'd be able to avoid, or the endles repeats of old christmas films!!

I had considered flying us up to Scotland or Ireland for New Year's. Any suggestions? A cheap carrier like Ryan Air will be a must of course after 12 days in the states. Probably fly up the evening of the 30th and come back on the first.

Wow sounds a very exciting Christmas...I have spent many New Years Eves in Edinburgh..it's such a great atmosphere...I think i must of hugged about 3000 people and kissed about 1000 girls (some of them might of been boys though coz i was so drunk last time i was up there):limp: :clap:

Wow sounds a very exciting Christmas...I have spent many New Years Eves in Edinburgh..it's such a great atmosphere...I think i must of hugged about 3000 people and kissed about 1000 girls (some of them might of been boys though coz i was so drunk last time i was up there):limp: :clap:

:rlol: I can see that happening. Yes the wife and I were considering Edinburgh. The question is, how to get there. Should we fly in to London and then take the train up, or fly direct? Where to stay? Any suggestions Green Peace?

:rlol: I can see that happening. Yes the wife and I were considering Edinburgh. The question is, how to get there. Should we fly in to London and then take the train up, or fly direct? Where to stay? Any suggestions Green Peace?

Well..I'm not a great help because I hate flying (unless I have to) I took the GNER (Railroad)and it took something like 4.5 hours and put me in the the centre of Edinburgh...I stayed with friends on the last two occasions!

To be honest it may be difficult to get a hotel even if you book now...though worth a try!(its the same prob during the Fringe Festival in August)

One year a few of us stayed in Perth which isn't a great distance from Edinburgh..it was a small friendly hotel (cant remember the name Im useless I know) we travelled into Edinburgh (a friend drove us in his 4x4 and stayed sober) and we then travelled to Inverness, then down Lock Ness, to the Isle Of Skye then to Glasgow and back to London..it was a wicked trip..snow everywhere..great fun in a 4x4!

There are a few members in Scotland on here they may be able to be more help...

But you should def be phoning the hotels now!

Si

:yu:

Whats the weather like this time of year? What sort of price are you looking at for the holiday Michael?

Not too sure how the weather will be but I've been in January before and it was on a par with a good British summer, bit of mist once in a while but no rain, cooler at night too which is nice :)

I think it was something daft like £315 each for 2 weeks half board in Paphos, 3* place so nothing fancy but it seems to have nothing but good reviews. At that price I'll be happy enough if it's got a bed.