The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top Gear

Steve

Oh yeah :)

I hate heights. I hate travelling. I hate ferries. I hate all three of those, more than you can imagine. But I want a convoy of Supras going across that bridge.

-Ian

Its funny i got a mate whos 6ft 8 who hates heights too:D

The trip i did earlier this year (on my own) involved a ferry to northern Spain (Bilbao) takes two nights, i paid the upgrade and had a double club class room with two big windows ensuite bathroom, TV and hairdryer..came to about £800 (not cheap) but worth every punt!

On board there is a selection of fine food from all sorts of good restauraunts..including a Langhans Brasserie that i couldn't fault..each table is stragitically placed about 7ft apart..service is excellent food very good!

The drive to South of France (from there) is a pleasure rather than a pain!..nice smooth roads etc..hardly any Police ever (if they catch you u r Fooked though)

Drove across the Millou Bridge twice and its an eerie but breathtakingly incredible experience i can tell you, It kind of feels the same as when I visited the Twin Towers once (your legs go a bit like jelly)..there was not a single car on the bridge when i drove over it on both occasions..

Id be up for a trip to the bridge definately:looney: :ecstatic:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a good politician then lol

But yes it does make sense you wont get caught if you arent speeding :(

they make everyeffort in catching us drivers out by constantly changing the speed limits on a single stretch of road....sometimes hiding the speed signs and almost always discretely placing the cameras behind those signs or trees....

it is a money making scheme

they make everyeffort in catching us drivers out by constantly changing the speed limits on a single stretch of road....sometimes hiding the speed signs and almost always discretely placing the cameras behind those signs or trees....

it is a money making scheme

Is it just me or have you just described an episode from the Dukes of Hazard?

I don't always watch the show as I'm a yank and the anti-America comments piss me off. I can assure you, there are tons of roads like that one in the U.S. and many better.

I hear you... I hated it when they used to slate the Jap cars back in the the day and had their dicks up the asses the BWM/Merc crowd.

It used to annoy the hell out of me, now they have changed their tune somewhat after these Jap cars made them look like idiots winning all the awards while they slated them.

I don't always watch the show as I'm a yank and the anti-America comments piss me off.[/b]

The anti-American comments crack me up..its all just light hearted, i heard loads of anti-Brit stuff when i have been in the states..its just a bit of fun!

One of my best mates comes from West Chester PA, we just slag each others country off permenantly when we meet up!

Any way Clarkson was bigging up the Ford GT40 as he owns one...beautiful car...personally i'm more of a practical person and would prefer to grab the keys for the F430!

Personally My favourite at the moment is the Corvette C6 (yes American!)...(i forgive that it has leaf springs)..what a car for the money.

I really do want to own one one day!:yu:

So then you have no excuses NOT being able to design a decent handling car :D

Believe me brother, if I were designing cars..... things would be very different... but in a perfect world...... I know the American sh*t is all tongue and cheek which is cool, but I have a feeling that big dope has never been to some of the greatest roads in America and is therefor making uneducated statements. All that aside, I love the show. It's just too bad that BMW drivers in the UK ruin it for those of us in Germany who really enjoy them. For the money, mine has been the best 3-5 hours on the autoban at speed while comfortable car I've ever owned. More on this later. Coworkers looking over my shoulder and I'm getting the eye....

Believe me brother, if I were designing cars..... things would be very different... QUOTE]

you know I didnt mean YOU...I meant the YANKS.....YOU LOT :D

so answer the question.....:)

Yeah, unfortunately nowadays car design is driven by consumer climate, demand, and what some dork driving a desk thinks the people want. Ultimately, it's all about money and economics not what the consumer really wants. If it can't be sold to the masses and turn a profit while doing so, it won't be built. Then you have the pressure from other makers and the industry not to go too far with technology and advancements in design. Go too far too soon and you'll lose out on profits. It's the same way in the computer world.