The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top Gear

Steve

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GT40 is 2mph faster in a straight line according to the manf. figures than the Zonda...

The Zonda was faster to 60etc...it was also lighter with a massively superior power to weight ratio...so my guess is that the Zonda's aerodynamics only hinder it above 150mph (compared to the GT40).

So for all Clarkson's filling up he only had an advantage above 150mph but did have comfier seats :)

Of the trio I'd have the Zonda then the GT40 then the F430. I think a SUPERcar should be absolutely nuts...it should be dramatic from every angle and even more so from behind the wheel.

Silly question time.

There was a piece of music they played on the supercar bit before they got to the bridge. Not the loud piece, it was quite quiet euphoric/angelic even. Anyone know what it was??

I think you mean M83 - Moonchild, off the album Before The Dawn Heals Us. They used that song when Clarkson was driving over the bridge in Denmark in the McMerc when doing the race to Norway last season too.

Guest The Flash

2 things came to mind after TG:-

1) Just how many cars has JC got? I know about the GT; He said he has a Focus? and also an SLK55! Didn't he aslo have an SL55?

2) Was that award genuine (Emmy, Grammy, BAFTA whatever it was?)

1) Just how many cars has JC got? I know about the GT; He said he has a Focus? and also an SLK55! Didn't he aslo have an SL55?

The Emmy was genuine.

hi,

it was an Emmy for best non-scripted show outside of the US

hi,

it was an Emmy for best non-scripted show outside of the US

This dosn't surprise me!

I think the new format is very good. I can't help feeling there is an element of Allan Partridge's 'Knowing Me Knowing You' to Top Gear...BUT....I Love it!

Clarkeson is to 'todays PC attitudes' what the BNP is to Politics. but then every cause needs an Opposition Pressure Group..I just remember an article he wrote once when he mentioned his wife's healthy living...'she goes to the gym, eats healthy, dosn't smoke etc etc..but shes always ill..yet I eat fried breakfasts, smoke and the only exorcise i get is the occasional raising of an eyebrow..yet Im never ill'

Hes a British institution and as British as fish and Chips (sorry i mean Vindaloo):yu:

For a list of the music used on the episode, this forum has it (and the music to pretty much every 5th gear/top gear episode for the past few years)

http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=8425 for this particular episode, and also has a URL to where you can get the Moonchild track I mentioned above.

Nice link :) Yay, I wasn't going mad with Brian Eno, didn't know it was called the Ascent, just knew which album it was off!!

I liked this 'affordable' supercar real-life test, just as good as the 'new' supercar real-life drives last week.

Refreshing change from the usual hype and nonsense, at least people can now see the reality.

I've had similar experiences with italian 'sexy' heaps of junk before so I was laughing all the way.

Makes you appreciate the Supra, it beats all of them hands down in their own game, at the same price as well.