The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Genuine UK Workshop Manual

400BHP

Sounds like a good idea...but the Toyota BGB's are pretty huge and I think would be expensive to copy...and I imagine your originals would be in quite bad shape after, perhaps they have to take the pages out to copy them properly (???), I don't know how they would make good copies otherwise. What price did you get on the originals by the way? I know they are damn expensive but fairly essential if you want to do some DIY.

Paul, I dont think the manuals are bound in such a way they can't be unbound (I hope) and they are brand new.

Steve, I dont have them yet but when I do I'll let you know.

They are 150 quid a set from TGB.

(Or lots less from me)

Originally posted by 400BHP

Paul, I dont think the manuals are bound in such a way they can't be unbound (I hope) and they are brand new.

My MR2 ones are in the same format as a paperback book, ie the spine and pages are glued together, to get a decent copy of the pages you will have to destroy the original but if you cater for that when pricing the copies up I'm sure you'll be able to buy a new set :)

I asked my two local dealers about getting a set - one of them refused and then admitted he'd said no because he presumed I wouldn't want to pay the price he'd quote, the second dealer could get them but couldn't understand why I'd want them - I pointed out that £150 on manuals is a few hours of labour charges and that if you do the jobs yourself they seem cheap! I would have been lost without my MR2 ones.

Hi Chris,

I'm 99% interested in a copy of both. This is only subject to the cost really, which i know you can't quote us yet.

For pricing up copies can you put me down for a set please and let me know the cost like everybody else when you can

Thanks Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Put me down for a copy please - price depending but i'm sure it'll be fine :)

Cheers

Stephen

PS. When i questioned my local toyota dealer a few months ago about the manual they said there were 3 manuals:conf: any thoughts??

Right.. Update

Gets down garage, and guess what, they fucked up and they didb't have them and said they cant get em any more.

I get home, ring Toyota GB, have a pop at them, they tell me there is ONE copy of the chassis manual left but the engine one is kaput!

I have rather large arguement with them and main dealer, (dealer says no, toy GB say yes) so now i'm still waiting for an answer from dealer to see if he can obtain the only copy left from head office.

Hang in there guys!!

Guest Martin F
Originally posted by mcanny

What I find really scary is the prospect of Toyota mechanics working on cars without access to these manuals anymore!

Well considering i have just had to lend my manual to a Toyota dealer on behalf of another member and they still couldn't fix the problem i'd say that whether they have a manual or not won't make a lot of difference.

:conf:

Right People...

The Chassis and Body Manual is here and its a whopper, its about the size of a London Yellow Pages and in the same format.

I have managed to get the very last one from Toyota GB and there are no more available anywhere, the one I have is Head Office's own copy (not brand new).

If I can find a printers that can copy the manual to either Paper or .pdf without damaging it then I will, if the only way to copy it is to wreck it then i'm not, as you will understand this is a very special book and i'm not willing to ruin it for a few quid.

If anyone knows how I can do this or has any suggestions, please let me know..