The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Genuine UK Workshop Manual

400BHP

Hi Guys

I am currently awaiting delivery of my genuine UK toyota manual, in paper format (from toyota)

I may take the whole thing to a copy centre and get copies made up if enough people are interested. Its a lot better than the .pdf manuals you can get off the net.

I believe the UK manual will be valid for all models, dur to the spec being greater on the UK cars, the only thing that may be different is some meter readings of electronic components due to differences in size/spec.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Chris, I don't suppose you have the Toyota reference numbers for the UK manuals handy do you? I was planning to buy paper copies myself soon but I know from my experience of ordering the MR2 ones that my local parts chaps won't make it easy!

Are there a few manuals, body and engine for example, or is it all covered in one for the UK spec?

Michael,

There are two manuals, which cover the engine alone and then the rest of the car.

I have not idea of part numbers yet as I haven't got em but I'll let you know if you require them mate, the only thing is they are rare as rocking horse shit and the guy I dealt with from parts said he was lucky to source one, so best of luck and i'll PM you when I know what they are.

As for price, I'll whack them in a copy shop when I get them then I'll let you know from there, but I'd say less than half price and readily available. (i paid 150 quid for originals)

Originally posted by 400BHP

Michael,

There are two manuals, which cover the engine alone and then the rest of the car.

I have not idea of part numbers yet as I haven't got em but I'll let you know if you require them mate, the only thing is they are rare as rocking horse shit and the guy I dealt with from parts said he was lucky to source one, so best of luck and i'll PM you when I know what they are.

I thought they would be hard to source but I'm keen to give it a go, I really fancy the originals so if you do get a chance to pass the numbers on that would be really appreciated. At least then I can take the car to a mechanic I trust and know he has the resources at hand if he needs them as well as being able to do some of the jobs myself :)

If you scroll up you may get some idea, I have to find out from the printers before I commit to a price but it will be much less than Toyota want and it'll be exactly the same document in the exact same format as I get it.

Originally posted by TRD3000GT

Chris,

That would be GREAT if you could get a full copy of both manuals! I would love them and would cover all the copy costs :thumbs:

Might even buy you a pint :p Any idea when you could have this done by? Ive run out of interesting reading material.

:thumbs:

Try "The art of war" by sun tzu, i believe there is an ancient scripture in there on why the supra is superior to the z'd:innocent:

I should have the manuals by next week, then the printers time (whatever thats gonna be) and they will be bound and dressed up all smartly, exactly the same as the original.

But a huge saving in your back burner!