The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Legend Best 'enters final hours'

DamanC

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

managed to download all of their albums, many of their bootlegs, and pretty much all of the solo works. had the vinyl and the cd's but more convenient.

gilmore's solo work is great. and like his guitar work on Give blood by Pete Townsend

oh well, gotta head off now, see ya everyone, have fun :D

keep PF alive, lol, always good to talk about classic UK rock

I may be 'fucking scumbag' for my views (cheers Ro) but to me a real hero is someone like my sister who not only beat cancer but didn't for one minute crack in front of her children even though you could see the heartache in her eyes when she looked at them, imagining a life for them without her.

People like her who channel their experiences into something positive in the hope that other can find some comfort at the worst of times.

Thats a hero, not some bloke who happened to be good a kicking a football about decades ago and who appears to have acheived nothing more since then except for being a selfish fuck who didn't appreciate what he had been given.

I have nothing but contempt for wasters like him, famous or not and if that makes me a scumbag then so be it.

I may be 'fucking scumbag' for my views (cheers Ro) but to me a real hero is someone like my sister who not only beat cancer but didn't for one minute crack in front of her children even though you could see the heartache in her eyes when she looked at them, imagining a life for them without her.

People like her who channel their experiences into something positive in the hope that other can find some comfort at the worst of times.

Thats a hero, not some bloke who happened to be good a kicking a football about decades ago and who appears to have acheived nothing more since then except for being a selfish fuck who didn't appreciate what he had been given.

I have nothing but contempt for wasters like him, famous or not and if that makes me a scumbag then so be it.

Top shout!

So you think he was there goin "oh yeah i've got a new liver, party time?". You think no one else with a liver tranplant fell off the wagon?! He's not a "hero" but does that mean that it's not a shame to see what's happened to him? When did someone have to be a hero for it to be a sad thing that they're fucked up and probably gonna die before Xmas. You think his family (of whom Callum us a total nobhead) won't be sad to lose him at Xmas? If you couldn't give a shit then fair enough! But don't piss on someones grave, especially when they're still breathin!

So you think he was there goin "oh yeah i've got a new liver, party time?". You think no one else with a liver tranplant fell off the wagon?! He's not a "hero" but does that mean that it's not a shame to see what's happened to him? When did someone have to be a hero for it to be a sad thing that they're fucked up and probably gonna die before Xmas. You think his family (of whom Callum us a total nobhead) won't be sad to lose him at Xmas? If you couldn't give a shit then fair enough! But don't piss on someones grave, especially when they're still breathin!

It's called having an opinion mate.

i'm all for opinions dude but i just can't believe people can be that brutal, he's not even fuckin dead yet! Give them a fuckin break!

Sorry mate but why should people pretend to care now and then slag him off after? Surely thats more hypocritical than expressing their true feelings whilst he is alive?

Not sayin they should slag him off after either, like you said bein a hypocrite would be far worse. If someone has an opinion that he's a tosser and it's not a shame that he dies etc then fair enough BUT with comments like some made, i'm gonna call them a twat for sayin it when it's so fresh.

There will be more tragic deaths in the next couple of days and more suffering for a lot of people who haven't sampled a fraction of the life Best has, apologies if I can't pity him for finally killing himself after years of trying while people battle diseases, war and genocides that they didn't ask for.

As someone said earlier the hospital bed can be used for someone who needs it, hopefully Best has a donor card, maybe he can give something back....

So you think he was there goin "oh yeah i've got a new liver, party time?".

Well he certainly appears that he didn't stop to think that it might be a good to take advantage of the new liver and try to turn his life around.

You think no one else with a liver tranplant fell off the wagon?!

I don't think that at all and I have no time for those people either,

but does that mean that it's not a shame to see what's happened to him?

Why is it a shame? He has brought it all on himself. He deserves no sympathy for the situation he has wound up in. Hundred of thousands die everyday. Best deserves no more attention than any other anonymous person who abused themselves.