The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Legend Best 'enters final hours'

DamanC

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow you guys are blunt to say the least .

lets appreciate his footballing talents , it was his choice after all to abuse his body , and pay the ultimate price by the looks of it .

ill remember him as a football genious rather than an alcoholic .

Completely agee!

I can't believe how many unsympathetic and callous remarks have been made.

I've never heard anything to say that the reported drinking after the liver transplant has caused him these recent heath problems , what do we know about his drinking habits. We only read what's been reported in the press.

What about smokers, overweight people etc, many people abuse their bodies.

Are you like this or do you know someone, maybe a family member, does this mean they shouldn't get medical attention either!!!!!!!!!!!

He was a fantastic footballer,from what I've seen and heard he was a nice bloke.

I'll be very sad to hear that he's died!

not sure how many here have a donor card. i do, and i would not be amused if some alcoholic got my liver, some person who smoked got my lungs, etc. there are more deserving cases that should be looked after first imo.

if you are a donor's family, you would think the person getting the transplant, would actually think of the sacrifice someone made so they could live life more.

i better not get started on passive smoking >_

Completely agee!

I can't believe how many unsympathetic and callous remarks have been made.

I've never heard anything to say that the reported drinking after the liver transplant has caused him these recent heath problems , what do we know about his drinking habits. We only read what's been reported in the press.

What about smokers, overweight people etc, many people abuse their bodies.

Are you like this or do you know someone, maybe a family member, does this mean they shouldn't get medical attention either!!!!!!!!!!!

He was a fantastic footballer,from what I've seen and heard he was a nice bloke.

I'll be very sad to hear that he's died!

:yeahthat:

Even though he played for the enemy, i'm gutted that he's on his last legs! Yeah he fucked up his own liver, most of it he did decades ago and he became an alchoholic which is an addiction. He knows full well that he's done it to himself, don't think anyone's disputing that. He's not asking for sympathy either, in fact remember him saying a couple of days ago that he wanted his picture used for an anti-alcholism campaign.

Those of you saying that you're sick of hearing about it and hope nothing goof on TV's cancelled are fucking scumbags! If you don't care about it then go and read/watch something else for christ's sake!!

maybe look at it somewhat different pov.

if you are donor. or donor family, and it was just some guy or woman that had drunk or smoked all their life and got the transplant. yet, at the same time, you had a friend who needed the transplant, who would you choose.

seems to me its his 'celebrity' that is the factor in this. not how he lived his life after the transplant.

if it was anyone here, i am sure you would have more respect for the family of the donor.

i dont differentiate between drinking, smoking or drug related at all.

and i dont have anything against George Best personally, he was ok. i feel same about anyone, in that situation.

but also, people think him a 'hero' as he kicked a leather ball around, wow. imo the real hero are the people who pioneered the operation in first place.

drinking can affect other people, if you are drunk or alcoholic get in and drive a car and kill someone as your reflexes are shot.

not trying to start a flame war here, but everyone is entitled to their views.

His abuse of the donor liver was documented because of his "fame", i seriously doubt he's the ONLY alchoholic to have abused a donor liver. Again, yes he fucked it up but does that mean that it's still not a sad thing that he's about to die? Yes, it's shitty that he probably did get a liver above Joe Bloggs, but does that mean that it's good that he's gonna die? I don't, he's not a fucking criminal!

i didn't say it was good he is going to die. i said its unfair in first place that more than likely celebrity played a part in all of this, over the guy in the street.

for my sins i am an arsenal supporter (i know, lol). and i feel same for them after their players have had drink and drug probs. its not an anti george best thing on my part. i wouldnt support them getting preferential treatment.

personally i like everyone or try to, and treat them with respect. thats just me. if someone sacrifices themselves i would not take that lightly.

and i have no idea if he set up some clinic, or making people aware of alcohol abuse after his transplant, or even before. but he was ideal person to do that in his situation. if he did, then you have to give him credit. if not, well he could of.

i wont be cheering when he dies, yeah its sad, but also his own fault. life is precious to everyone, but thats one of my points.

look how many here, in last few days got hit by idiot drivers on the road. assume one of them was injured and needed transplant, but a 'celebrity' gets it over friends you know. thats where i feel its unfair.

anyways, really am trying to keep this civil and friendly in this discussion, not trying to piss anyone off

With George Best because of his celebrity all his "dirty washing" is aired in public, my own thoughts are he had a golden opportunity to rebuild his life but he blew it big style. If it had been Joe Public in that position would there be this furore, I think not. As a footballer Best was a god, as a human being he was perhaps naive, in that he was in this "celebrity" world where real life is something different and nothing can happen to him.

We should take this as a lesson and enjoy what life brings us each day.

Interesting to read how many ar citing him as a fantastic footballer. I wonder how many actually saw him play? My guess would be that the majority would have seen highlights shown on TV years after he retired and they would have concentrated on his best bits.

with all thats said, it makes you wonder how many celebrities or people that can, actually give back after they are treated.

i know is their job, but hospital and paramedics do amazing things everyday.

when michael schumacher broke his legs while driving in UK a few years ago, it was big news, wonder if he gave anything to the hospital, he has the cash to have bought them some equipment, as a thank you, or treated the staff.

i feel those that can, they should do, as those that can't, many would if they could.

seen him live col ?edit beat me to it mate .lol

I never saw him live Peter - wish i could say i did. And like i say, I barely remember him playing at all - even on the TV. Maybe if he had been a Leeds player (yes, I am THE Leeds fan) I may have remembered more.

those were the days though with best, law and the others. when football was actually fun to watch, rather than money making machine it is these days

good old days of the hard football, not this lighweight thing today

no idea why england players need a bonus if they win world cup, they should do it for pride and for the country. nothing more

they would of years ago