The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Legend Best 'enters final hours'

DamanC

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it have made any difference if Best was from London rather than Belfast?

Most alcho's are peopel hurting unable to get over childhood problems. They need love and understanding, not a nagging voice in their ear.

honestly i dont care where he is from. my whole point in all i said, was about taking a second chance, and wasting it. and also how it impacts the family of the donor organ.

surely anyone here, that was given a chance like that would make most of it out of respect to the other family that gave them a second chance to live

I think the lack of compassion reflects badly on outlook of some from their pedestals.

i have compassion for all fellow men and women, animals as well.

but what about compassion for the donor person, seems thats forgotten

btw, not sure if you meant me. sorry for offence if you didnt

Ahhhhh - dead at last, good riddance to bad rubbish!

He had his chance(s) and blew it.

I never quite understand the way footballers are made into Gods. Alcoholics, wifebeaters and drug abusers. Yeah, what great idols for the UK's youth.

i sure agree about your 'Gods' comment, but also about that in all walks of life not just footballers

Well he did carry a donor card as announced on the radio, and his organs will help others.

Whats Kaori? new word to me?

its good he had a donor card, to give after he is no longer here.

i think everyone should have a one :D

ah, Kaori, she is singer in a Japanese music group i am into in a big way :D

she is older than she looks in my Avatar, just like her redhead look, hehe

keeps the Supra happy, j-spec car, with japanese music :D

if only the sat nav worked, lol

We are all aware, aren't we that the problems leading DIRECTLY to Best's death were caused by the anit-rejection drugs given to him to stop his body rejecting the donor organ?

Not by his return to drinking.

Not that this excuses his failure to stay off the bottle in any way. Just seems that some people are directly linking this fatal episode of illness to the drink.

Oh, and KaoriFan - please don't lecture me on History. What I meant was that Hitler created a particular instance of genocide on a massive scale.

You didn't really think I was attributing the creation of genocide itself to Hitler, did you??

ah, Kaori, she is singer in a Japanese music group i am into in a big way :D

she is older than she looks in my Avatar, just like her redhead look, hehe

keeps the Supra happy, j-spec car, with japanese music :D

if only the sat nav worked, lol

Are they like Shonen Knife? that's the only Japanese band I've heard of... they were cool.. :D

oh, and The 5,6,7,8's of course..

Are they like Shonen Knife? that's the only Japanese band I've heard of... they were cool.. :D

oh, and The 5,6,7,8's of course..

i havent heard much shoen knife, and would have been a while ago.

a few of my friends like them

Kaori is part of Every Little Thing, they blend 80s AOR, with todays eurobeat. and also cover rock and ballads.

i havent heard much shoen knife, and would have been a while ago.

a few of my friends like them

Kaori is part of Every Little Thing, they blend 80s AOR, with todays eurobeat. and also cover rock and ballads.

Got any links we can check out...?

erm, legal stuff I mean.... :eyebrows:

Got any links we can check out...?

erm, legal stuff I mean.... :eyebrows:

lol, its neat as j-music is legal to download, RIAA free zone :D

the RIA|J is not to worried about checking things out

if you are on IRC you can join #jpopextreme key spamless on EFnet server. i am one of channel managers there :D

you can download clips here

http://mochimochi.no-ip.info/~mochimochi/index.shtml

better warn you, they may be an acquired taste

http://wiki.theppn.org/Every_Little_Thing

i cant even send anything atm, maxed my b/w this month, 300UK bill from BT >_

We are all aware, aren't we that the problems leading DIRECTLY to Best's death were caused by the anit-rejection drugs given to him to stop his body rejecting the donor organ?

Not by his return to drinking.

Not that this excuses his failure to stay off the bottle in any way. Just seems that some people are directly linking this fatal episode of illness to the drink.

Oh, and KaoriFan - please don't lecture me on History. What I meant was that Hitler created a particular instance of genocide on a massive scale.

You didn't really think I was attributing the creation of genocide itself to Hitler, did you??

i wasnt lecturing you, not in that way. but genocide is relevant to the time period it occurs in. even going back to ancient times where sacked cities, all the men were killed, the women and children taken as slaves. even today with kosovo, rwanda et al, it still goes on. as i am sure you know.

Some people's lack of campassion here is quite simply inhumane. Best was a tragic man born with great talent yet without the education nor ability to cope with that talent and the pressure put upon him by fans and media alike, that is why he turned to drink. He is just a bloke, like you and me, and for anyone to sit in front of your computer screen and say 'he deserves to die' should be ashamed of themselves. It's not like he has even broken any law, yet some people are talking like he was a rapist axe murderer

I am sorry mate but that is a very simple biography that anyone could copy and paste off the internet. Could I ask how old you are? My guess is you never actually saw him play and have only ever seen TV footage of a couple of matches. That listing above could be almost anyone and doesnt tell anything like the full story.

To my mind the man was a superb footballer but he brought something to the game (and ultimately left a legacy) that overshadowed even his great skill. He brought petulance, disloyalty, selfishness and all the other bad things that people now associate with today's game. Look back at the number of times he didnt trun up for training, matches etc. Look at the times he went "missing". If you want to cite what he did for football at least get the facts right.

Copy and pasted form the internet.......nooo! really? what has my age got to do with anything? Like most of the members here i was a twist in my fathers nutsack when he was playing. I have various DVD's and VHS (what ever that is) that contain footage of Best in action on the field. Hell im not even a Man U fan nor am i Irish. I respected the guy as a footballer which is what made him a name not his off field antics

Copy and pasted form the internet.......nooo! really? what has my age got to do with anything? Like most of the members here i was a twist in my fathers nutsack when he was playing. I have various DVD's and VHS (what ever that is) that contain footage of Best in action on the field. Hell im not even a Man U fan nor am i Irish. I respected the guy as a footballer which is what made him a name not his off field antics

But it was as a footballer that he displayed not only a wonderful God given talent but also a complete disregard for authority and a lack of respect to his fellow players with his off field antics which, by the way, were sometimes done when he was supposed to be have been on the field playing football.

Nice guy he might have been, football player extraodinaire certainly but a role model for the professional game? Not in a million years.