The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Legend Best 'enters final hours'

DamanC

Not sayin they should slag him off after either, like you said bein a hypocrite would be far worse. If someone has an opinion that he's a tosser and it's not a shame that he dies etc then fair enough BUT with comments like some made, i'm gonna call them a twat for sayin it when it's so fresh.

I'm a bit lost now. Are you saying you think its wrong that people should slag him off before he dies or that people are slagging him off at all? If you think the posts have been brutal would you have said the same had they been about someone else who was not a "football icon"?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what really fucks me off? It's that scum like Best get top billing at the moment yet there are hundred perhaps thousands of people dying in Niger from famine right now.

Seeing a small, starving child covered in sores breathing their last few breaths on the news this morning means far more to me as a human being than any amount of ungrateful shits like Best ever could.

I'm a bit lost now. Are you saying you think its wrong that people should slag him off before he dies or that people are slagging him off at all? If you think the posts have been brutal would you have said the same had they been about someone else who was not a "football icon"?

Ok i'll explain it slower/

If there opinion is that he fucked up etc and that it's his own fault, then fine - i agree with them. BUT saying stuff like "i hope nothings cancelled on TV for his death story" is out of order and wrong IMO .

The answer to your 2nd question is: Yes i very much would of said the same about someone who's not a football icon. He's not a hero of mine at all BTW. It's a sad time for anyone associated with him so rather than slaggin him off etc just let them all get on with it. Famous or not, he's not a criminal etc. If it was Bin Laden or someone then i wouldn't feel any pity for him at all obviously, i'd probably feel less sympathy for his family too because i wouldn't get past the fact that he's a total cock to tell you the truth. Makes no fuckin differance whether he's famous, would be sad for anyone half decent in the same situation.

You know what really fucks me off? It's that scum like Best get top billing at the moment yet there are hundred perhaps thousands of people dying in Niger from famine right now.

Seeing a small, starving child covered in sores breathing their last few breaths on the news this morning means far more to me as a human being than any amount of ungrateful shits like Best ever could.

So.... because he's on page 1 of the paper for a few days, then his death is less tragic? Tell me why he's scum again? Because his addiction got the better of him in the end? Doesn't make him stand out as a scumbag in my book. Just human!!

final point before i depart from the fun. my views on this are partly because its around a year ago since my best friend died. she had a stroke and was a really good person, always helping others. if only money was available to study the effects of injuries of the brain, and why they occur, rather than giving second chances to anyone who would waste them, and i really mean anyone. and that was on top of 2 family members dying a few months before.

anyways, really am off now, have fun, and lively discussion. peace :D

thanks for helping me get past my first 100 posts :D

final point before i depart from the fun. my views on this are partly because its around a year ago since my best friend died. she had a stroke and was a really good person, always helping others. if only money was available to study the effects of injuries of the brain, and why they occur, rather than giving second chances to anyone who would waste them, and i really mean anyone. and that was on top of 2 family members dying a few months before.

anyways, really am off now, have fun, and lively discussion. peace :D

thanks for helping me get past my first 100 posts :D

Totaly agree dude, that's not what's pissin me off. My mate's mate died from chokin on their sick over summer, that weren't pretty. That was his own fault for gettin that wasted, so is he a shit that got what he deserved too?!

Well I am a really old bastard of 48 and I barely remember him playing. :)

My God! - an older bastard than me!

On the the day of the 1968 European Cup final at Wembley. I was at school at Uxbridge which is near to Wembley. There were loads of United fans all round the tube station and special colour editions of the evening standard. At home I was allowed to watch the match on telly (in black and white!). United won 4-2, George scored one of the goals.

I remember him heading the ball out of Gordon Banks' hand and putting it into the net or N. Ireland v England (was disallowed) and getting 6 for United against Nothampton in the cup.

I know there is the argument that he brought it all on himself, but as a kid, he was a hero of mine, and I will be very sad to see him go.

Not very nice?

Just read the whole thread since my lame ass comments... and things did get a bit heated?!

I particularly enjoyed the Pink Floyd tangent and then the 'can I get to 100 posts' bit in the middle....

KaoriFan I think it's safe to say :urock: :rlol: :woot:

I'm with Kopite on this I'm afraid.

I don't think anyone can really disagree that he brought this on himself.

Or that he was stupid to waste a second chance given to him following someone elses death from which he received a new liver.

But George Best himself would be the FIRST to admit how stupid he has been. He is an alcoholic, an addict. Logic doesn't come into play for an addict.

When he was admitted to hospital at the start of October her he was almost dragged there by his friend and agent. He was so ashamed and scared of what the media would say that he put off seeking treatment. How much of the rest of his life has he spent being scared or stressed about what people would think because his every move was always in the papers? I wouldn't want to be famous.

I'm not trying to excuse anything he has done. He has made many mistakes and is now paying the price. But you can't blame HIM for being the top story in the news tonight. The press has put him there, blame them. Media attention was the last thing he wanted when he went into hospital.

Branners, you asked "so he could kick a football, how does that help anybody?"

Best was a young lad from East Belfast who hit the big time at 17 years of age and gave the people of Northern Ireland something to be proud of during some of the darkest days of the troubles. He gave hope and crossed the divide between the communities in N. Ireland. There wasn't much for anyone to be proud of over there in those times. Every kid wanted to be Best. He gave so many of them hope that even coming out of somewhere like Belfast, they could still make it in life. Symbolic I know, but he probably did more good in those times than he was even aware of himself.

He didn't ask for fame, he just wanted to be the best footballer that he could be. He became an alcoholic, like so many other people of his time. Let him die in peace. If you don't agree with what he has done with his life, then fine. But you don't have to say things like "why doesnt he hurry up and die". That's just being vindictive.

I have looked after patients with liver disease a slow steady decline that takes weeks or months.... I suspect that by now he is so out of it with all the unmetabolised toxins floating round, made worse by the bleeding (we digest the blood in our gut and it says he is bleeding - oh and the liver makes clotting factors to stop bleeding at least it does when it works) probably means that he is almost self anaesthetising - he will slip away quietly overnight is my guess...

George Best is lying in hospital when the nurse approaches him "George" she said "I've got some good news and some bad news"

"give me the bad news first" replied George

"ok" "you have one day to live"

"omg" gasped George

"what can be the fuckin good news then"

"its happy hour downstairs" the nurse said

:friday: :run:

I'm with Kopite on this I'm afraid.

I don't think anyone can really disagree that he brought this on himself.

Or that he was stupid to waste a second chance given to him following someone elses death from which he received a new liver.

But George Best himself would be the FIRST to admit how stupid he has been. He is an alcoholic, an addict. Logic doesn't come into play for an addict.

When he was admitted to hospital at the start of October her he was almost dragged there by his friend and agent. He was so ashamed and scared of what the media would say that he put off seeking treatment. How much of the rest of his life has he spent being scared or stressed about what people would think because his every move was always in the papers? I wouldn't want to be famous.

I'm not trying to excuse anything he has done. He has made many mistakes and is now paying the price. But you can't blame HIM for being the top story in the news tonight. The press has put him there, blame them. Media attention was the last thing he wanted when he went into hospital.

Branners, you asked "so he could kick a football, how does that help anybody?"

Best was a young lad from East Belfast who hit the big time at 17 years of age and gave the people of Northern Ireland something to be proud of during some of the darkest days of the troubles. He gave hope and crossed the divide between the communities in N. Ireland. There wasn't much for anyone to be proud of over there in those times. Every kid wanted to be Best. He gave so many of them hope that even coming out of somewhere like Belfast, they could still make it in life. Symbolic I know, but he probably did more good in those times than he was even aware of himself.

He didn't ask for fame, he just wanted to be the best footballer that he could be. He became an alcoholic, like so many other people of his time. Let him die in peace. If you don't agree with what he has done with his life, then fine. But you don't have to say things like "why doesnt he hurry up and die". That's just being vindictive.

Yeah that!

George Best is lying in hospital when the nurse approaches him "George" she said "I've got some good news and some bad news"

"give me the bad news first" replied George

"ok" "you have one day to live"

"omg" gasped George

"what can be the fuckin good news then"

"its happy hour downstairs" the nurse said

:friday: :run:

Dickhead!