The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stuttering slut..

Markie

daft question, but i didnt see anyone else ask....have you rechecked the fuses you pulled out?

seems odd to have only started since the ECU reset.

i have done lots of ECU resets on lots of different Supras, and yes it sounds a little rough, but shouldnt be giving these kind of symptoms

definately shouldnt be slutty, shouldnt even look twice at another Supra in fact...!

Yeah, I think its overfueling BIG style!

It's not happened since an ECU reset Rob mate.. I have felt it misfire ever so slighty over the past months or two, but the major problems has only been since it was out in the cold one night and after being run about 2 miles down the road it started this stuttering and has got worse ever since.

I am going to phone someone on Monday now and get it booked in.. Guess its not worth Trying Toyota is it, as this is the closest to me...?

OK cleaned to the best of my ability the MAF.

I also thought I may aswell check a plug and the LAMBDA.

Anyways, since the plugs are only about 500-1000 miles on them and the O2 sensor was cleaned with lemons around the same time I did not expect the pictures below.

It looks like a MAJOR running rich situation. So I have ordered a brand new O2 sensor from Toyota and a fresh set of plugs.. Do you think this will sort the problem? Also, is there anywhere else I could check/clean where this major carbon deposits would of built up, or will it burn off?

I am guessing this would of caused the symptoms mentioned earlier in the thread? No idea why it got worse when she was hot.... :(

Anywhere, please see the pics attached. (On the O2 sensor looked like so much build up that the carbon on the tip started to kind of melt/bubble)

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

Mate my plugs were like that after only 30 miles , if it over fuels it's amazing how quickly the deposits build up. It might be worth cleaning off the old plugs and the O2 sensors and just see how quickley it builds up again, just to give you a rough idea, as it'd be a bit pissy to replace with new plugs jsut to foul straight away.

In my case the car didn't even fire up and fouled the plugs purely by trying to kick it over. :(

A labour of love indeed ..... :D

Hi- my car once had a similar problem like yours that came and went. Ended up a Toyota for 4 weeks as they had no idea what was wrong with it as no error codes came up. The problem was eventually traced to (this is what was on the receipt) ''traced fault to a poor multi plug connection'' CAN ANY one shed more light on this as I didn't ask them at the time to explain what this meant. This might be your problem. Just sounds all to familiar!!. My car got progressivly worse and was over fuellling alot- Missing ramdomly. Then it would be OK somtimes!

Just read that click thing that your car makes when you applied the power. Mine did that too and it stop after the car was repaired. I try and ring up toyota tomorrow and try and find out what the problems was with my car. should have found out at the time but was so glad to have it back that I just wanted to get out of there