The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hks fcd

daveyboy

im back for some more info from you boys who seem to know all about our road rockets and you must all be as skint as me!. anyway has anybody got a a hks fcd fitted? i want to know if they work ok on the supra. i read earlier that its not recomended. i was going to pop to fensport to get one tomorrow but now i dont know what to do .they dont deal with greedy which is recomended. so is it ok to fit one.

thanks daveyboy:)

It would not be fair of me to say my units are better than anyone elses, all I will do is explain what mine does. Even if you don't consider the unit to function any better then it certainly is cheaper.

The TRL VFCC is a Voltage Fuel Cut Controller. (Voltage as there are Frequency based systems as well)

The unit has a user adjustable Fuel Cut threshold setting, which on most Supras just remains left at the default position. This REMOVES the fuel cut.

But the device also has an Overboost threshold dial which will allow the user to reintroduce the fuel cut at higher boost level.

This can be adjusted so that it never triggers and hence the VFCC can be made to REMOVE fuel cut altogether OR RAISE it. Your choice.

The device is generic and used for many many car types, like all the Toyotas, Subaru's etc.

I'm putting a "How to set the VFCC" section in the "settings" section of the BBS so you can read the process of configuring it. Installation wiring is all on my site http://www.trlperformance.com/vfcc.html

The device is 35mm*35mm*10mm so is tiny and has a flip top lid so no screws to undo.

Any more info please just ask.

[email protected]

07802 412969 (M)

Regards

Pete

so presumably with yours pete the raised boost cuit level can only be set at the maximum readable boost governed by the map sensor? Ie my map sensor maxes out at 1bar so presumably the vfcc in that case wont be able to raise the boost cut limit above this (as the stock boost cut is also at 1bar).

Adi,

Correct! 100%

The only way around this would be to fit a bigger MAP sensor. Say a three bar one so you can measure 2bar boost and scale the output for the ECU. The VFCC could then be set up to cut at a higher boost.

So with a bit of adjustment you could use it, but ONLY with a bigger MAP sensor and a simple scaling OP-Amp.

Regards

Pete

the map sensor will come later this year (if i keep the car) but at the moment i occasionally hit boost cut at 1bar... would your unit would be able to clamp the signal for me at say just a tiny fraction under 1bar? (something like 4.95 volts or whatever). Would it be stable enough not to creep up over 4.95 ? (i've no doubt it would be, but i have to ask :p )

Ive been meaing to order one for ages but i keep finding other things to spend on it.. gotta do it soon though.