The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Xbox 360?

Nic

Id be interested in this too.

Whats the deal with voltage etc with us having 220V over here?

It's 240V there isn't it? Same voltage here to, most of the products from Japan these days can be switched from 110V - 240V, so not a problem.

Does anyone know the score with the region issue? A lot of the game consols here get chipped so they are region free, but I doubt this will happen straight away.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 4 of these badboys on my desk at work ... good bits of kit. But yeah, the region locking will screw you :complain:

The only console without region locking is the PSP. You can play ANY game on the PSP from ANY country. BUT ... the movie regions ARE locked. For example .... if you buy a US PSP you can play all games on it, but you will only be able to play Region 1 UMD movies :cry: . PSP's are good bits of kit too .... especially for watching the latest downloaded episodes of Family Guy on ... heh heh heh!!

Cheers, J :p

So as an industy 'insider'... is the 360 any good?

To be honest I'm resisting a bit as I think the release line up looks a bit cack... wait for the christmas rush to be over and see if they half it's price before PS3 gets a release next year...

Perfect Dark and PGR3 just isn't make me want to fork out £300.... :badidea:

Nope - but Halo 3 thats coming is. PDZ and PGR3 will keep me happy in the meantime along with my old Xbox games and all the other new features the 360 has :D

MS are releasing Halo 3 same time as PS3 launch - that should stir things up a bit, considering its the most eagerly awaiting game coming up.......

Yeah .. it is a good bit of kit, but you REALLY need an HDTV for it to shine!

One of my favourite features is the new 'Xbox Live Marketplace' where you can download a load of cool retro games (as well as lots of little puzzle, arcade, adventure etc games) for a couple of quid. You'll probably be able to get all of the best 80's arcade games and that sort of thing on there before too long :ok:

I've played a lot of games on it (mostly EA funnily enough) and some of them are great ....... but again, you really need an HDTV!!

PGR3 will be great. Ghost Recon is awesome. Perfect Dark Zero will be great and Kameo is also a really fun game (played that one).

Really is down to preference really. I will get all of the new consoles anyway .. but I am most excited about the Nintendo Revolution (mainly cos Nintendo rule, and they always have!).

The simple fact is that you will need to splash out on an HD ready TV to make all 3 new systems work to their full potential (although maybe not for another year if you are waiting for the Revolution and PS3!) :clap:

Cheers, J :p

Nintendo are pretty much heading to game over now for consoles though :( I expect to see a move to far more development of games/software after this next one, pretty much like Sega did. Shame.

Halo2 was superb, it added some nice touches over the first, better sound and graphics and a wicked plot.

Fat chance that Sony would manage launch either of them though eh? ;) (look how long GT4 took!)

The other problem facing Sony, is MS already has a big, well executed and praised online system with Xbox Live where Sony is having to start from scratch.

Its going to be an interesting few years and whatever happens its good news for us, the consumer :D

So J are you working for the EA good side (Burnout) or the darkside (Fifa Street)?!

Yeah, but I would never say it's over the Nintendo... loads of people resisted the Cube but to be fair they were some of the most polished titles- of any of that generations consoles.. Resident Evil 4 being my personal game of the year….

The geek that I am....! :blahblah:

Yeah, but I would never say it's over the Nintendo... loads of people resisted the Cube but to be fair they were some of the most polished titles- of any of that generations consoles.. Resident Evil 4 being my personal game of the year….

Don't get me wrong, its a cracking console, and at its best pissed up with mates, but they just don't have the marketing weight behind them anymore, and they aimed the GC far too much as a "kiddie" console with an awful lot of the titles. I hope its not the case, but I can see it happening......

Don't get me wrong, its a cracking console, and at its best pissed up with mates, but they just don't have the marketing weight behind them anymore, and they aimed the GC far too much as a "kiddie" console with an awful lot of the titles. I hope its not the case, but I can see it happening......

Agreed... but when you see stuff like 'Res Evil 4' and 'Killer 7' it's a shame they didn't break out the 'grown -up' titles a bit sooner... might have helped them sell a few more...

You still can't beat Mario Cart though!! :woot:

Walked in to PCWorld the other day (ooohhhh horrible place) they had a demo pod Xbox360 there, of course one had to have a little play :p (my poor girlfriend :haha: )

SO! was it any good?

Mmmm not bad, think i could say I'm not in a hurry to break my credit card to get one on first day now.

Mate of mine has got one on order, so if I do find myself breaking in to a sweat, sure they'll let me have a little go :eyebrows:

As always, launch titles - so so :blahblah: :blahblah:

(then again I'm still playing Ridge Racer on PSP?)

Don't know about you guys, but I might just leave it for a couple of months, there will be better games & price should have dropped about £50.

Also by then the normal xbox games will be nice and cheap to snap up :woot: