The mkiv Supra Owners Club

dead turbo anyone ?

piehound

well as you know my soop only runs on 1 tubby ,at the mo its with cw getting a good dose of looking at tomorow

has anyone had t2 fail completey and stll allow the car to run fine on t1 just down on power?

im just curious as was wondering what the chances are of this being shot ?

i will know tomorow but just want a few opinions so as too help me sleep better or maybe worse lol:clap:

I blew #2 on mine, its doesn't make any noise when you try and boost it, it just doesn't boost! There are no impeller blades to spin, so what noise is it going to make!?

I could sort of use #1, but the wastegate was wedged open slightly so would hardly make any boost.

It was all sorted with a nice set of hybirds! ;)

If it is blown then it will be expensive as you'd really want to replace the pair together whilst you're at it as the other probably has a low shelf life too.

I may be interested in it "as is" for a project car depending upon sensible price.

Let me know how it turns out.

Well, I can't find any hoses off, o split, and the solenoids appear to be doing as they should. next step is fasten the actuators mechanically open and see if the 2nd turbo does its bit. If not it needs a strip down to see what's happened to the second turbo, at which stage unless it's changed it's a bit of a waste of time and the customers money.... One turbo could be changed, but as you say Pete, it would be very risky indeed, given the labour to change 2 is hardly any different, and there being a real riskof the front one going pop soon. It may be tomorrow before a definitive answer is forthcoming.