The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift GZ or RZ

dandan

Hi all,

Just a quick one,

How do you tell if a Supra is a GZ or an RZ, the bl@@dy owner does not seem to know! It has recaros, front spoiler, lsd, sideskirts, 2 airbags.... it's Nreg, 1996, but funnily enough when i put the reg into an insurance database it gave the year of manufacture as 2000! Is this possible??

Any ideas folks....pretty important as Im trying to sort out insurance!!

Thanks

Sign-of-the-Times......

Martin's not his usual Full Strength Cynical (*) self ? !:(

[ps. just looked up cynical in Word, 'cos I had to see if you spelt

it wiv an S or C.... then hit THESAURUS.... MARTIN you're

Anti-Social ? ? ?:conf: ......:p ] > >

cynical 1.jpg

It should also be on the SVA certificate import papers, if the seller hasn't got one of those then walk away.

Insurance companies do get confused over Supras, I very much doubt my insurance has mine down as an import, but it has RZ on my insurance papers and that's good enough for me and the courts :sly:

Originally posted by Andrew

Insurance companies do get confused over Supras, I very much doubt my insurance has mine down as an import, but it has RZ on my insurance papers and that's good enough for me and the courts :sly:

You sure about that?? I think that you are obliged to declare things that may affect the premium. You might save yourself a few quid now, but it could get mighty expensive later :(

I only suspect they made a mistake, due to the cheap quote and price I now pay, if £800 is cheap for a 32 year old with massive NCB?

Anyway in truth if it went to court I'd lose.

MODS and points will be declared this year, honest guv :innocent: ........well maybe see what renewal I get first :sly: