The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hesitation or missfire when 2nd turbo kicks in.

dannyspeed

ive noticed for the last couple of weeks that when the second turbo kicks in under full accelaration the power delivery aint smooth it starts missfiring i think and i noticed white smoke when this happens. It runs perfect appart from this. i had the car serviced by a garage i know quite well last week and i thought that might solve the prob but it aint. ive got a blitz nur spec with one cat removed and HKS spark plugs as the only mods to the engine. any ideas would be great ive read aerotop daves thread but not sure its the same prob as it happen hot or cold. .

thanks smarty for the link.

Well ive only done 10-15k on the iridium plugs over 2 years but its been driven quite hard, santa pod and seeing how far the speedo will go round on the m1 ect.

Does anyone think changing the plugs will solve the problem and is there anyway to know for sure ie any tests that the spark plugs have had it?

Or shall i just change the spark plugs and see will it solve the problem?

Sounds like a proble I've had for a while....

Changed plugs, resistor packs, new connectors on the packs.

Tried all the diagnostic attempts on the twin setup, ran in TTC, changed hoses... still can't find the bugger.

Only thing I can assume is that my pressure tank is loosing pressure between boosting.

Do you get the same? if you stay on boost/boost often all is well, stay off boost for a couple of mins and the first full boost 'misses' then kicks in?

Steve.