• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's still gonna work as a boost controller
Yeah true.

You haven't got an E-Manage at the moment anyway have you?

No. I was waiting to see how it worked out with the e-MU.

I'm still considering AEM and MoTeC as well but I would be happy with the e-MU if it fulfils its potential.

• 2 weeks later...

Just been reading through this post, interesting! so is the general consensus that the Ultimate works on the Supra?

I had a very annoying experience with the Ultimate on my Silvia, i had run the blue emanage very successfully for 18 months, then ordered an Ultimate only to find that it caused a misfire! after a lot of fafing about and a total waste of time trying to get some sort of sensible response from Greddy:swear: i gave up and sent it back! the problem was never successfully diagnosed, initially i thought it was a problem with the fueling settings, but in the end found it was something in the timing settings that caused the misfire, no adjustment no misfire! the last update i used was 08-08 which just added a couple more problems! like losing laptop connection randomly! i even tried a friends ultimate with the same result! so all in all i'm pretty disappointed and disheartened, as i really like the blue emanage and thought the Ultimate was going to be the next best thing to a stand alone ECU.

Yeah, snow has cleared :) I've got a good cold start, a good idle (both of these way better than the Blue ever did) feels good to drive, no overfuelling... I haven't datalogged much in the way of on-boost operations yet but I will. I'm confident in the product now. It adds fuel OK and controls the timing OK, much like the blue. It will pull injector duty but I haven't messed with that much yet. It won't do the ignition based launch control as the 2JZ ECU hates it, I think it'll raise the rev limit, that's what I'm primarily fiddling with now.

I think I started with this at just the right time as it's only just been noticed that the 2JZ needs the injector adapter #2, and also it needs the 1.09 firmware to work properly otherwise I found it was rough as a bag of nails and fuelled oddly. I guess it was rushed out...

-Ian

What would be the chance of someone with an e-manage to log the base setting of the J-spec ECU? I'd be VERY interested to see what a std ignition table looked like. Not so much the fuel table, but that would be interesting to see also. Is this possible? (I guess log the fuel/ignition with all the adjustments in the e-manage set to zero???)

Cheers,

Tony

What would be the chance of someone with an e-manage to log the base setting of the J-spec ECU? I'd be VERY interested to see what a std ignition table looked like. Not so much the fuel table, but that would be interesting to see also. Is this possible? (I guess log the fuel/ignition with all the adjustments in the e-manage set to zero???)

Cheers,

Tony

None, well nothing worth looking at. The E-manage starts off with an ignition map full of zeros and you simply add or subtract from the stock settings. A datalog without adjustment will simply show unaltered timing, zero's.

None, well nothing worth looking at. The E-manage starts off with an ignition map full of zeros and you simply add or subtract from the stock settings. A datalog without adjustment will simply show unaltered timing, zero's.

The eManage Ultimate logs ACTUAL ignition advance...

Ian might with time be able to work it out.

The Blue you could add or remove up to 20deg of timing and the datalogs would only show what timing you've added or removed, not what the actual resultant timing was.

The Ultimate datalogs your correction amount and the actual resultant timing. Although sometimes it gets confused and datalogs 180deg out. I'm sure I never ran 200deg advance :looney:

It also datalogs the stock duty cycle and duration, and the resultant duty cycle and duration that you actually run after your corrections have been factored in. And it datalogs the %age amount of adjustment going on. The datalogging has come on a looooong way over the Blue.

If you had an E-Manage Ultimate on a stock car you could datalog the injector durations and timing for whatever load scenarios you throw at it. My datalogs are compromised on that front because I'm pulling airflow signal so probably not much use. It runs about 22deg of advance when I'm on boost and about 25 when off boost if that helps.

-Ian

My datalogs are compromised on that front because I'm pulling airflow signal so probably not much use.

Have you got any plans to change that now you can subtract fuel in the injector thingy with the Ultimate? I guess since you've got a good map anyway it'd be a hassle, but I guess it would be much better to not fudge the airflow and adjust fueling with the injector table only?

Yeah, spot on - I figured that I'd get my Blue map working first, to see what the unit behaved like compared to old one. Once I'm more comfortable with the map and I've fiddled with all the new bells and whisltes I'll probably aim at using the injector control a lot more.

I may be able to get away with no airflow adjustment, I may not. Depends on a few things. When it gets warmer I might be experimenting more :)

-Ian

I've no doubt that it's been a good unit since day one. It's just people learning what extra components are required and learning how to map it that takes time.

I think its more a case of it potentially being a good unit, BUT Greddy not having the software finished for the launch! i think its only now that they are beginning to catch up, but there are still a lot of models that the software is not sorted for yet.