RobAce

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this back to life but just found out the E-Manage Ultimate I want won't work on my UK spec TT.

Does anyone know any more about this or where I can find out?

Tried e-mailing Greddy and checked their webpage but doesn't seem to say what the problem is?!

Apparently it's being worked on by them as the US spec cars are also non-compliant?!?!?!?!?!

I'm only relaying what Paul Whiffin has told me and presumably it's what the Greddy supplier he uses has told him?! :giveup: :giveup:

Why is it that everyone including some magazines that will stay unnamed rave about the UK cars?! Ok bigger injectors, gearbox cooler, glass headlights, bigger brakes, bonnet scoop but no aftermarket parts seem to work with them!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and insurance is cheaper but then modified examples aren't that much less!!!!!! :diablo: :badidea: :drown:

Rant over and any help or advice always welcome!

Cheers,

Pete

It will work...worked on my VVTi (MAF based). Works on other UK specs.

The eManage guru on here, IanC, knows more about the operation of the unit than ermm....anyone else bar the makers it seems.

Even Mohd (mr. eManage in the US) doesn't yet understand the unit as much....but Ian's away for now and hasn't started playing with the really funky features on the EMU...

The problem apparently is that it won't rev past 6,000 rpm.

This is what Paul was told by a chap from the US.

Not saying thats the case but what he was advised.

As Paul says no way of knowing for sure without trying it!!!!

Looks like i'll be a guinea-pig!!! :D

Pete :)

The problem apparently is that it won't rev past 6,000 rpm.

This is what Paul was told by a chap from the US.

Not saying thats the case but what he was advised.

As Paul says no way of knowing for sure without trying it!!!!

Looks like i'll be a guinea-pig!!! :D

which guy? Is it Mohd? I know he was having troubles.

Cheers Matt if you could let me know how it all goes that'd be a big help!! :D

Would save me the cost of getting mine all fitted only for it not to work!!

Can think of a few other things that need to doing where the money can be spent if there is a problem at the moment.

Will wait to hear from you.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

OK guys I have a few other questions and would appreciate any input:

I intend to run with the stock MAP sensor initially and then once I've routed the Greddy one into place I will switch to that (no mad rush to do that). I will initially be monitoring OEM water and air temp so knock connections are not needed right now. I have the AFR input harness coming from an AEM wideband setup.

1. Where can I get a USB cable to hook this up? I thought it came with one but obviously my memory deceived me. Is it a generic cable?

2. Are these jumer settings correct?

1. Open

2. Open

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

7. 1-2

8. 1-2

9. Open

10. 1-2

11. Open

12. Open

13. Open

14. Open

15. 1-2

16. Open

17. 1-2

18. Open

19. 1-2

20. 1-2

3. I'm initially running on OEM 440's so do I set the inj lag to 0.9 0.09 0.04 or 0.0 ? Everyone seems to have a different opinion.

4. Does the Greddy packaged software allow logging on a laptop for comparison later? If so can that data be exported to excel as comma separated values or similar?

5. Anyone know what the output on pin 62 (MAP) is when boost cut occurs - or what I should enter into the boost cut setup screen to act as a BCC?

Many many thanks

Dan

OK guys I have a few other questions and would appreciate any input:

I intend to run with the stock MAP sensor initially and then once I've routed the Greddy one into place I will switch to that (no mad rush to do that). I will initially be monitoring OEM water and air temp so knock connections are not needed right now. I have the AFR input harness coming from an AEM wideband setup.

1. Where can I get a USB cable to hook this up? I thought it came with one but obviously my memory deceived me. Is it a generic cable?

Its a standard A-B USB cable that i use.

2. Are these jumer settings correct?

1. Open

2. Open

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

7. 1-2

8. 1-2

9. Open

10. 1-2

11. Open

12. Open

13. Open

14. Open

15. 1-2

16. Open

17. 1-2

18. Open

19. 1-2

20. 1-2

They look similar to what im using (will check again for you)

3. I'm initially running on OEM 440's so do I set the inj lag to 0.9 0.09 0.04 or 0.0 ? Everyone seems to have a different opinion.

After using a couple of different setting i found that 0.9 worked the best i.e. the car started as normal.

4. Does the Greddy packaged software allow logging on a laptop for comparison later? If so can that data be exported to excel as comma separated values or similar?

Yes it allows data logging and yes you can export the data.

5. Anyone know what the output on pin 62 (MAP) is when boost cut occurs - or what I should enter into the boost cut setup screen to act as a BCC?

Not sure i will check my map for you :)

MAP output when boost cut occurs is 4.4v :)

Do you need to set it to act as a BCC when you're gonna be pulling fuelling anyways? IE you'll lower the voltages below 4.4v on the fuelling table, apart from cells where the boost is above the desired level - giving you the safety net of still having boost / fuel cut but at a level you choose.

That's the way I've mapped my MAP2 ECU.

Cheers,

Brian.

Brian - that would be the case if i was fiddling with that incoming airflow signal. I don't intend to map it like that at all.

I will be adding and subtracting duty cycle directly without ever touching the airflow signal.

So looks like I'll put in 4.35v or something like that for the boost cut threshold.

Did you manage to double check those jumpers Rob?

It won't make any difference to the boost cut, just set it to 4.40V and you can adjust whatever you want in the fuel maps:)

What won't make a differnce TR?

All I wanted to know ref. that MAP voltage was what to input in the boost cut threshold table so the EMU would be my boost cut controller as I won't have one after I sinstall the EMU. 4.4V is it then?