The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Made me laught- read this

ardasaliah

I read the first page and gave up - I would, however, love to see a well sorted 1k plus bhp Supra at the, "all American 'world' street nationals".

Say, from a nice little tuning shop in Japan!! Built for economy!!! I think that may turn a few heads.

Top quote has to be the "arguing with Americans..... " briliant...

I've had both a 1969 Camaro V8 with nitrous and a 1997 Supra TT... among other cars. I tell you that both were serious vehicles... all this talk about which is better is ridiculous as it all comes down to power:weight ratio... the camaro was heavy and cornered like crap, the supra was light, but lost it in the top end... I mean a freaking turbo'd Lotus Elise can do a 1/4 mile in under 4 seconds and it's only a 1.8L 4 Cyl. And that thing can out corner nearly everything on the road.

Hey Digsy - you've been keeping this one under your hat. Pretty impressive that is!

:shrug:

World Street Nationals? Whatever. Is this the same 'world' as in World Series Baseball? World as in only the US?

:clap:Brilliant!

That was me. That whole 'World' series shite p*sses me right off.

Also, when posting on that forum place it says that posts containing bad grammar and spelling will be deleted. Why so many Yank posts on there then?

That was me. That whole 'World' series shite p*sses me right off.

Also, when posting on that forum place it says that posts containing bad grammar and spelling will be deleted. Why so many Yank posts on there then?

:amen:

Edit: -

Toyota supra, s are fast cars, with the right modifications. These cars can out run and preform, corvetts, porche, ferarri, and even your mother.

:rlol:

Hey Digsy - you've been keeping this one under your hat. Pretty impressive that is!

:shrug:

Jeezus.

Funnily enough, we issued a press release last week that had a typo in saying that the 2006 model year Elise produces 40kg of downforce at (wait for it) 1690km/h.

Someone's finger slipped: Should have been 160km/h

Where the hell do these people get their "facts" and figures from?

I might go to "the world street nationals." You're car have to be street legal or else you can't race. However, all cars there are v8 and are capable of over 200 mph- 7 sec 1/4 mile and it's street legal, just to see what it's like. I'm assuming "the world street nationals." You're car have to be street legal or else you can't race. However, all cars there are v8 and are capable of over 200 mph- 7 sec 1/4 mile and it's street legal is pretty much the same as top fuellers at pod? Obviously I wouldn't go against them in a Supra cos that'd be silly, which is probably why you don't get Supras at "the world street nationals." You're car have to be street legal or else you can't race. However, all cars there are v8 and are capable of over 200 mph- 7 sec 1/4 mile and it's street legal.

What's all this about lag as well, how on earth does the layout of an engine affect the amount of time a turbo takes to produce full boost? That's determined by the size of the impeller and inlet/outlet ports of the turbo. If you mean the effective rev range of boost from the turbo (which is what it sounds like) then the TWIN turbo will always produce boost sooner than a single whether it's a V8 or not!

Anyway, V8s for straights, Supra's for corners.

See you at "the world street nationals." You're car have to be street legal or else you can't race. However, all cars there are v8 and are capable of over 200 mph- 7 sec 1/4 mile and it's street legal

How many times can a person write the same thing in one post?

I think he's taking the piss:

I might go to "the world street nationals." You're car have to be street legal or else you can't race. However, all cars there are v8 and are capable of over 200 mph- 7 sec 1/4 mile and it's street legal, just to see what it's like. I'm assuming "the world street nationals." You're car have to be street legal or else you can't race. However, all cars there are v8 and are capable of over 200 mph- 7 sec 1/4 mile and it's street legal is pretty much the same as top fuellers at pod? Obviously I wouldn't go against them in a Supra cos that'd be silly, which is probably why you don't get Supras at "the world street nationals." You're car have to be street legal or else you can't race. However, all cars there are v8 and are capable of over 200 mph- 7 sec 1/4 mile and it's street legal.

What's all this about lag as well, how on earth does the layout of an engine affect the amount of time a turbo takes to produce full boost? That's determined by the size of the impeller and inlet/outlet ports of the turbo. If you mean the effective rev range of boost from the turbo (which is what it sounds like) then the TWIN turbo will always produce boost sooner than a single whether it's a V8 or not!

Anyway, V8s for straights, Supra's for corners.

See you at "the world street nationals." You're car have to be street legal or else you can't race. However, all cars there are v8 and are capable of over 200 mph- 7 sec 1/4 mile and it's street legal

Its the small number of Americans like that, that give the country such a bad name.

Yea they sure do, too bad we come across too many of them!

Well here in the USA, supra are for teens. If you live in a third world country its fine. But over here in the USA, if you drive a supra, you'll look like a teen- a fast and furious crowd. We like power comand not turbo lag. That's too weak for American standards. A stock z-6 corvette is a 200 mph car, 0-60 in 3.5 sec. A stock supra TT is 5.1 sec 0-60, top speed of 150 mph. It's too weak for Americans. No offense truth hurts. Oh, if you don't know the "world street nsationals", you don't know what you're missing. You must be live in a poor country

Wouldnt be surprised if he was refering to Japan, Germany or the UK as a third world country... LOL

crazy ho's yehaaa im a stupid ignorant yank!

Clarkson raced the Ford GT round a track - he got 4mpg - basically your tank of enriched fuel will be empty in about 65 miles. Oh and also, Clarkson brought London to a standstill cos he couldnt fit it over a central london bridge so the police had to come in to redirect traffic stuck behind him. He sold his beloved GT right after taking stock cos the alarm wouldnt stop.

Yanks - reckon a drag strip defines a car rather than a circuit...then they call it WORLD STREET RACE - whhaaaaattt??? It should be called the MacKee-Dee's Big Yankee Drag Race.

It is all about power to weight + handling - thats a sports car. Not a 5 tonne growler with no handling ability with cheap hollow interiors.

Easy,

D

crazy ho's yehaaa im a stupid ignorant yank!

Clarkson raced the Ford GT round a track - he got 4mpg - basically your tank of enriched fuel will be empty in about 65 miles. Oh and also, Clarkson brought London to a standstill cos he couldnt fit it over a central london bridge so the police had to come in to redirect traffic stuck behind him. He sold his beloved GT right after taking stock cos the alarm wouldnt stop.

Yanks - reckon a drag strip defines a car rather than a circuit...then they call it WORLD STREET RACE - whhaaaaattt??? It should be called the McKee-Dee's Big Yankee Drag Race.

It is all about power to weight + handling - thats a sports car. Not a 5 tonne growler with no handling ability with cheap hollow interiors.

Easy,

D

Ahmen ...there is a normal such a thing as a sane yank then :ecstatic:

Id beat all those lard arse yanks if i took my car to the 'BIG BOY AMERICAN WORLD STREET NATIONALS' :rlol:

Id def have a weight advantage and i wouldn't have a Supersize Coke in the cup holder!:Popcorn:

Their 'LARD ARSE' attitude just cracks me up...I guess all that shit came from stupid redneck areas like Alabama!:tumble:

Have to say..i do like the Corvette C6 and it's similiar money to when the Supra was new here...just eh well...eh 12 years later:haha: ...imagine what Toyota are capable of building these days..and I wish they would..just to put the lid on those dumb fcuks over there!:nyah: