The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rolling Road Day

terribleturner

So not only were the manual's dyno'd in 4th instead of 5th but the auto's were dyno'd in 2nd instead of 3rd.

The results are meaningless unless you do it properly, you have to use the gear closest to 1:1.

It's one of my pet hates - people using the dyno wrong to screw up their figures - you spool slower, but appear to have more power.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Terry S

Alex your are right on the 5th thing, just never gave it any thought yesterday, however looking at the BPU cars results I doubt the overall figures are far out. I assume its down to the ramp rates applied to the dyno.

Guest Terry S
Yeah I know Tel...but anyway I see it as people wasting money - I don't like others to waste money - if everyone used the right gear I'm sure we'd have less variation :)

I am not bud, there are many ways to give inflated figures, not just the gear. My pet hate presently is Dyno figures for cars with turbo's which simply can't flow the air the dyno is suggesting!

I had a discussion with Charlie (RR owner) last time about the gear thing. He was adamant that 4th gear was correct for the Supra, I explained about 5th having pretty much 1:1 ratio but he wouldn't accept it. Maybe one of you guys could tell him? ;)

Send him my FAQ... How to Dyno

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=53399

Do you trust Toyota to know anything about the Supra? And if Toyota don't know which garage would? ;)

Thanks to James for organising yet another great meet :thumbs:

Nice to meet and talk to a few new people.

Alex, despite whats been said in previous posts, i can confirm 100% that the autos were run in 3rd gear.

This is why the revs start higher on the auto graphs because any lower, even in manual mode, the box will kick down.

Thanks to James for organising yet another great meet :thumbs:

Nice to meet and talk to a few new people.

Alex, despite whats been said in previous posts, i can confirm 100% that the autos were run in 3rd gear.

This is why the revs start higher on the auto graphs because any lower, even in manual mode, the box will kick down.

Ahh good :)

Has anyone tried service mode? Is that possible? To lock into 3rd completely?

Terry, what do you think of the graphs i posted up? Does the boost seem a little low to you for a bpu car? Just wondering if i should increase the hole size of the restrictor ring, just not sure how much by.

Cheers..

As Terry has said Christian.

I had to change my restrictor ring twice - You may put in a 1.2 bar ring but it won't necessarilly do that as all cars are different....My car was making 1 bar with both cats in and no boost controllers!

Ro

Guest Terry S

Terry's car was awesome, gotta love the sound of a single going flat out!

Sorry mate, missed this, thanks, I did a flyby for you if you heard it.

My Dyno Plots from sunday...

Bit dissappointed as the car is

Overfuelling compared to before.

Also it isn't sustaining boost

Doesnt hit 1.2bar as it should

One the plus side...

Still sounds awesome

and I've got bags more of torque early on.

changes.....since last time...car now has an Apexi AVC-R and I got it tuned...and its got HKS iridiums as supposed to NGK Platinums before.

Supra Dyno 001.jpg

Supra Dyno 002.jpg

Supra Dyno 003.jpg

Supra Dyno.jpg

Sorry mate, missed this, thanks, I did a flyby for you if you heard it.

Mate, sounded like a high power Motorbike!:respekt:

we have very similar graphs but yours is kicking out a little more power.

:woot:

Hi Steve, I'm BPU with walbro pump, FSE fuel regulator and I'm Using Tesco 99 RON ("Every little Helps"!!).

Cheers,

Ro