The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rolling Road Day

terribleturner

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello people,

sorry i had to leave early, went to bed soon as i got in and had to take the day off work - man flu !

anyways thanks james and everyon else i had a great day out (apart from feeling ill) and the misses got to finish her book too.:yawn:

the Jack Osbourne lookalike said apart from the tiny missfire at high rpm i've got a healthy engine. (hopefully corrected with new sparks, curretly got NGK iridiums which i tapped to 0.8)

FWBHP = 392.2

Torque = 395 (approx according to graph)

RWBHP = 327.4

Torque = 330 (approx according to graph)

about 1.23 peak boost

he also said it was running a tad rich at the end too but nothing to worry about.

I'm over the moon with these figures :ecstatic: , is this good for the basic mods i've done;-

blitz nur spec

double decat

now all i need to do is solve my poxy wheel hop problem - hopefully with some polly bushes ? cheers terry

Guest Terry S

Want to say a big thanks to James for organising the event. Nice set up Charlie has there, and good to see some realistic figures being thrown up.

Good to see some friendly faces again :thumbs:. Ark, would love a closer look at that brace some other time.

Guest Terry S

BTW wouldnt worry if your chart is showing rich, mine is too but my other two sensors/gauges are showing Low 11 afr's so maybe Charlies sensor needs changing

Guest Terry S
Terry, what do you think of the graphs i posted up? Does the boost seem a little low to you for a bpu car? Just wondering if i should increase the hole size of the restrictor ring, just not sure how much by.

Cheers..

I think it looks fine mate if its wheel figures?? I know some cars were given wheel figures and some flywheel.

The ring is trial and error mate. Try one 1/4" bigger

I think it looks fine mate if its wheel figures?? I know some cars were given wheel figures and some flywheel.

That'd be the difference between auto and manual then...

Makes me feel better that the gap between yours and mine is that little bit smaller ;)

Just curious why my graphs start about 3600rpm and SupraSteve's start from a lot lower? Is it something to do with mine being an auto?

I'm also not seeing any dip in mine between the first and second turbo.

Yeah it's prolly an auto thing - though I thought you could lock the gearbox into 3rd without it kicking down?