The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Watch Ideas?

Paul

Odd one I know but I'm looking for a mens watch for about £150/200. (new)

Something chunky (ish) possibly chronograph (only for the looks)

I know there are a few watch fanatics out there, I appreciate it's not on the realm of Rolex but it's gonna be a freebie for me due to the fact H Samuel have f*cked up my Timberland one:(

They can't match it so have offered to replace to the same value.

Any ideas lads?

Paul

I've not worn a watch for 8 years or more. I don't see the fasination some people have in very expensive watches. They tell the time - so does everything else around me. They get bashed, scratched and lost. All IMHO of course.

I feel the same about jewellery though. It's all a communication of wealth. (Maybe that's why I've got none ;) )

I'd say the price you're looking at is relatively sensible though. I've not exactly helped though have I?

I've not worn a watch for 8 years or more. I don't see the fasination some people have in very expensive watches. They tell the time - so does everything else around me. They get bashed, scratched and lost. All IMHO of course.

I feel the same about jewellery though. It's all a communication of wealth. (Maybe that's why I've got none ;) )

I'd say the price you're looking at is relatively sensible though. I've not exactly helped though have I?

Funnily enough my wife has the same train of thought about my cars :thumbdown

I sourced a Titanium Seiko for Terminator here a couple of years ago, which was very nice looking watch and a fraction of the UK cost.

Yeah? Not sure if I can get cash off them yet though, maybe later if they can't find me something I like.

Not a warranty job really as they crushed it changing the battery:thumbs:

So any well known make, as long as they deal with the company, not bothered if they stock it they should be able to get it in.

Paul

I have this one for sale...bought for me by ex - but not for me - never been worn will be up for just £200 (costs loads more etc) and still in it's box

SNL001 Seiko Arctura Kinetic Chronograph Men's Watch

• Comes Brand New in Box and Packaging
  • 3 Year Original Seiko Warranty
  • Seiko Men's watch SNL001
  • Arctura Collection.
  • White Dial with silver tone hands.
  • Stainless steel case and bracelet.
  • Hour, minute and second hands.
  • Automatic power generator.
  • Stopwatch minute and 1/5 second hand.
  • Stopwatch measures up to 45 minutes in 1/5 second increments.
  • Energy depletion forewarning function.
  • Overcharge prevention function.
  • Duration of full charge is approximately 5 months.
  • LumiBrite Hands.
  • Date.
  • Precise Kinetic movement.
  • Scratch resistant sapphire Crystal.
  • Water Resistancy to 100M.
  • Case measures 40mm diameter by 13mm thick.

Diesel do some really nice watches - not really chrome but leather 'cuff' style with digital face. Personally i think chrome can look really cheap if it is - if you know what i mean...:)

Yeah, Diesel I've looked at, bit too 'retro' for me though (well those that I've seen unless they do modern looking ones too)

Paul

Yeah, Diesel I've looked at, bit too 'retro' for me though (well those that I've seen unless they do modern looking ones too)

Paul

I know what you mean - they are doing the retro thing, but they do have modern looking ones too. Can you get them from H Samuels - i don't know what watches they do in there. Surely they should give you a full refund if they broke your last one?

Dunno about a refund yet? I will take a look next week and see what they have or can get, looking for ideas as they may be able to get something in also?

At the end of the day if they have nothing suitable then I'll ask for compensation for the value of the watch, it's easier for me and them if they can just replace it though.

Dunno about a refund yet? I will take a look next week and see what they have or can get, looking for ideas as they may be able to get something in also?

At the end of the day if they have nothing suitable then I'll ask for compensation for the value of the watch, it's easier for me and them if they can just replace it though.

They do Diesel i've just looked on their website and they've got some nice watches on there..good luck with the search! :)

Paul

I have this one for sale...bought for me by ex - but not for me - never been worn will be up for just £200 (costs loads more etc) and still in it's box

SNL001 Seiko Arctura Kinetic Chronograph Men's Watch

• Comes Brand New in Box and Packaging
  • 3 Year Original Seiko Warranty
  • Seiko Men's watch SNL001
  • Arctura Collection.
  • White Dial with silver tone hands.
  • Stainless steel case and bracelet.
  • Hour, minute and second hands.
  • Automatic power generator.
  • Stopwatch minute and 1/5 second hand.
  • Stopwatch measures up to 45 minutes in 1/5 second increments.
  • Energy depletion forewarning function.
  • Overcharge prevention function.
  • Duration of full charge is approximately 5 months.
  • LumiBrite Hands.
  • Date.
  • Precise Kinetic movement.
  • Scratch resistant sapphire Crystal.
  • Water Resistancy to 100M.
  • Case measures 40mm diameter by 13mm thick.

Very nice looking watch there, Paul. And a good price for one of those too.

I actually bought a similar one earlier this year when I couldn't get the one I really wanted. It was only AFTER I bought it that I started to think, 'Hang on....just look at the size of the bit that actually tells the time!!' It's smaller than a ladies watch face! (Sorry - but being an old git, my eyesight isn't what it used to be!) The one I bought was actually one of the titanium range and was amazingly lightweight. Just couldn't see what the time was in bad light.

So then I managed to find the one I wanted. It was actually a cheaper watch. Not titanium, but has a titanium carbide coating and so far has been very scratch resistant. But it was the style I liked and it gets lots of comments. I've never seen anyone else with one either, and it is rather distinctive. Retail was about £360 apparently, but it can be got for under £200 on the net. It's a Seiko SNA311 and is of an asymmetric design. You'll probably either love it or hate it. I loved it, and bought it as soon as I saw it!

This place in the States sells them:

http://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/SNA311.asp

Or there is one on ebay at the moment, finishing next Sunday, early hours.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEIKO-TiCN-PLATED-SNA311-List-525-Blow-Out-Sale-LOOK_W0QQitemZ5050103768QQcategoryZ10354QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem