The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jap Spec Catalytic Convertors

dandan

the BROWN wire is my new wire to De-Limit the speed...

the PINK wire had already been tampered with before ! !...

plastic cover goes over both the ECUs,

the Throttle ECU lays to the left of the Main one,

you unbolt it just to get at the wires easier.

ecu position 1.jpg

thanks steve,

whereabouts on there should i be looking for signs of fuel cut override, anyideas?

also is it fairly easy to lift the trim/carpet, and remove cover to have a look - i don't really want him thinking i don't know what i'm doing and am trying to destroy his car!! ;)

ok that sounds easy enough.

just for completeness my dad's been having a chat to this bloke (so he could give me his opinion on him) and he seems to think he is a very genuine helpful chap. Apparently he does some part time racing (regular) rwd high power stuff and is not an idiot car wise!?!

still doesn't mean he hasn't been fed a load of spiel by his local tuners who perhaps felt they may be out of their league trying to set up ebc and turbo timer...who knows

Originally posted by dandan

i'm sure i read somewhere about a "free fuel cut" which was basically a quick and easy bodge. anyone know anything about this?

The free fuel cut on the 1JZ engine (very similar engine) is a zener diode trick in the map sensor input to the ECU.

thanks simon, steve and adi, and thanks to everyone else as well for your help so far. has anyone got a rough idea what sort of power/torque should be produced at 1.0bar of boost with a super drager and cats still in place

OK guys thanks for all the help, i have one more question (at the moment!!!) for you all:

Assuming this car is immaculate, no body damage, everything else looks good, cats are in place, no fuel cut installed and the owners turns out to be a genuine sort of chap (if a little misguided!)...

ISrunning 1.0bar via the bleed valve something that's not too detrimental to reliability in the long run? I realise noone can put a finite figure on the exact lifespan of the turbos at varying boost levels, but in your opinions is 1.0bar an acceptable boost pressure to be running at?