The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Active spoiler...

Ray

Hi there guys,

my car is currently in the workshop, have just had my Greedy 3 row fitted :)

the thing is I have an active front spoiler and apparently it doesn’t work with the fmic...

Q. how do I set it in the down position permanently?? cut the wires?

im willing to do what ever it takes:Pling:

its just a temporary measure until I get my new front lip

Thanks in advance

Ray

Ray, when you have the car in park and ticking over you can lower the spoiler manually - that gets it down and then all you have to do is pull the fuse out from the drivers footwell fusebox - job done!! although you will hit the little fecker on everything in sight!!:scare: good luck

It may not be that simple mate, I think it's the spoiler motors that get in the way of the greddy 2 and 3 row FMICs, so these will probably need removing as well. So you more or less need to take the whole active spoiler out, then you can either sell it, or fabricate a bracket to reinstall just the lip bit onto the brackets where the motors used to be.

I was going to do the latter, then decided it would be easier to just chuck it :p

No idea TBH, :blink: here's the original thread;

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=34440

There's quite a bit of info on this within a search's reach, but I never found any mention of the end tank location. The conclusion I came to was that with a Greddy 2 row (I'm guessing quite similar in design to a 3 row), it was possible to refit the spoiler if you really wanted to..... but it was by no means a simple "plug it back in" job.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
does the warning triangle always come on then if you pull the fuse for the active spoiler

Bloody hell, back from the dead twice. :D

Yes it does, you'll need to disconnect the active spoiler ECU (it's the small-ish silver metal box behind the stereo), to get rid of the warning triangle.