The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car thief ran a colleague over

michael

:swear:

A girl in the office was knocked over by her own car last night, she parked up to open her garage door but found the lock had been glued up. As she struggled with the key someone jumped in her car (it was still running) and drove forward throwing her over the bonnet, they then reversed away and stole the car.

She suspects they must have followed her home one night after seeing the car (Mini Cabrio - stolen to order?) and then returned to mess with the lock on the day they were planning to carry this out.

She's a bit stressed by the whole thing obviously but under the circumstances she's doing OK.

Keep an eye out for people following you home, everyone behind you is a potential attacker, drive fast so they can't keep up ;)

:swear:

Bad news, feel sorry for her and angry at the same time :(

Amazing how we have to 'plan' our legitimate insurance claims though isn't it? We get ripped off for something we require by law and then worry whether we can actually use it or not when the only time comes where it should be used!

Insurance will be fine. Happened to someone I know a while back, if her house keys were on the same key ring tell her to change the locks. Stating the obvious I know, but I feel better mentioning it incase she hasn't.

Hope she recovers from it soon, must be horrific.

Bloody hell what bastards. She is lucky not to be badly hurt. I hope she will get over this soon.

My wife got followed home in the MKIV one night, all the way to the end of our road. My sons and I were on the drive, so they did a quick turn up the pavement and were gone. Too far away to get a number or give chase.

I wouldn't trust anyone I didn't know.

Keep an eye out mate....try not to worry though.;)

As for the women, that's really horrible.

I leave my car running when I open my garage....even late at night.....and I'm in a garage block.....not too fussed with my current Renault 5 but I've done it with all my other cars in the past. I always tend to look over my shoulder though....just incase..

Thos mini convertibles are well sort after.....chap who comes round our way sometimes has one.....A reg....83/84 year fully rebuilt worth 4k....