The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Silverstone related Question

Whitesupraboy2

Im going to see F1 next Year. I cant think off top of my head where most of the overtaking happens on the track (no funny remarks :D)

Basically any ticket is a goer. It will be a weekend pass as well.

I am considering the club silverstone passes, for parking, but it is reserved seat at becketts, is this a good spot?

Any input from people who have been to see F1 before at silverstone or any racing be great

Link below of rough guide of where seating etc... is

http://www.silverstone-circuit.co.uk/booktickets/book_tickets_F1.htm

I've sat a Woodcote and just after the straight - to be honest I got a bit bored last time - the atmosphere is good and facilities have improved a lot there but you dont really SEE a whole hell of a lot - you end up watching the (big) telly anyway :-)

worth a go if you aint been before though.

I think I'd try and get a high seat in the stands opposite the pits and take some binoculars then see the action there AND watch the big telly.

R

We went to this years and had front seats is copse e stand, would have preffered to have been at the back of the stand, traffic congestion is now down to a minimum they have both sides of the a43 dual carriageway in a one way system, probably try hangar straight next year having also done luffield

You'll not really see that much amongst the front runners, but the slower cars will get over taken at the end of Hangar straight.

No overtaking at Becketts but you'll be amazed at how quick the cars come through.

A good place is opposite where the pit lane joins the track , during the sessions you'll also see them doing practice starts .

Even if you get a grandstand seat you can still walk around the circuit during any of the days from Friday to Sunday and just stand and watch from any location.

Last time I stood a liitle further down from Copse, amazing to see how fast they come around.

You'll see the Porsche Carrera race on Sunday, they appear to be very slow after watching the F1 cars.:)

Last time we went to Silverstone, I had centre transfer tickets, no seats, but you can wander around the centre of the circuit. We stuck around Vale and Club.

In retrospect I think Luffield might have been a good location to watch, but the benefit of centre transfer is that you can wander between most of the track.

Unfortunately we went the year that there was complete chaos on the roads, so we missed all the warm up events, and left early to avoid yet more traffic mayhem, so missed the events after the F1 race as well, and we only had Sunday tickets.

It was a good day nonetheless

Mike

Apparently if you get into the Bronze Plus seats on the outside of Luffield (See the map you posted) you get a view of the cars coming all the way down from Abbey, through Bridge, Priory, Luffueld 1 and 2 and disappearing onto the Pits Straight.

Was told that was excellent by a mate who went this year.

i used to have a 'job' at silverstone - i was an airfield marshall for 5 years. last time i went (year before last) i had access all areas type ticket including centre transfer. i chose to watch practice and qualifying on the inside of copse - like merckx said, you get to see, hear and feel a practice start at close quarters! you feel you could touch the cars! the sound pressure is awesome!

for me, every year, i forget what they sound like 'in real life' and then i go, and on the first morning, fog is out, 6 am, first car starts, and you hear it accross the other side of the circuit, first time one screams down hangar straight, i guarantee you wont ever forget the sound, the hairs on the back of your neck stand up! its like a scream more than an engine sound, like metal tearing open!

fantastic!

first time one screams down hangar straight, i guarantee you wont ever forget the sound, the hairs on the back of your neck stand up! its like a scream more than an engine sound, like metal tearing open!

fantastic!

Definately!:D

The first time we went we stood just before Bridge corner. You never expect them to be this noisy , thumping and banging as they lifted off the throttle.

We were standing there shaking, the fact we didn't have any sleep the night before might have contributed ! :looney: