The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 30 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Scooter

Scooter

Just checking back in with a cautionary tale, a cathartic post but perhaps also one that can give someone reading this some future helpful info or a nudge to maybe do something, make a positive move, or some other motivational bollocks 😄

So 6 months after selling the Supra, and settling with the BMW's and a crappy V70 commuter, I went and had a heart attack in May ( the day after the Northern Lights were visible, when I was still only 50).  It wasn't a cardiac arrest situation, really quite undramatic and so I just wanted to spread the word that feeling a bit funny/faint/exhausted (I was exercising abnormally hard) seemingly recovering ok but having a lingering dull ache (like indigestion) is worth a quick A&E visit or 999 call. You can be checked very quickly for an irregular ECG, you won't be waiting for hours to be seen.

Time is crucial and delays damaging to various degrees (not sure what would have happened if I could have dropped off to sleep that night), so I now have one stent, and am on quite a few pills, but you wouldn't know to look at me anything has ever happened, hell I don't even feel bad now at all. I just get 'puffy' quicker when exercising, because of some heart muscle damage (delay of perhaps 8 hours in treatment - hence spreading the word) and a now reduced "ejection fraction" my pump is worn! but I am at least cleared/free to do that and so really it's had some positive outcomes as well.

So just keep an eye on the people you know or refresh yourself on warning signs and encourage anyone when appropriate to just get checked to be on the safe side, as with early intervention this sort of thing can be an 'almost' non event, certainly treatable with drugs and non invasive surgery, or it can lead to the worst outcome.

To lighten the mood, I have full on lost the plot and treated myself to another 6 series a 635D (pick it up Friday) to replace the V70 as life's too short right!

Take care everyone (and get out and bloody drive those Supra's! saw a lovely one at Littlehampton McDonalds the other weekend and that's the first one I've seen in ages)

BMW 635d.jpg

Scooter

Scooter

Just checking back in with a cautionary tale, a cathartic post but perhaps also one that can give someone reading this some future helpful info or a nudge to maybe do something, make a positive move, or some other motivational bollocks 😄

So 6 months after selling the Supra, and settling with the BMW's and a crappy V70 commuter, I went and had a heart attack in May ( the day after the Northern Lights were visible, when I was still only 50).  It wasn't a cardiac arrest situation, really quite undramatic and so I just wanted to spread the word that feeling a bit funny/faint/exhausted (I was exercising abnormally hard) seemingly recovering ok but having a lingering dull ache (like indigestion) is worth a quick A&E visit or 999 call. You can be checked very quickly for an irregular ECG, you won't be waiting for hours to be seen.

Time is crucial and delays damaging to various degrees (not sure what would have happened if I could have dropped off to sleep that night), so I now have one stent, and am on quite a few pills, but you wouldn't know to look at me anything has ever happened, hell I don't even feel bad now at all. I just get 'puffy' quicker when exercising, because of some heart muscle damage (delay of perhaps 8 hours in treatment - hence spreading the word) and a now reduced "ejection fraction" my pump, but I am at least cleared/free to do that and so really it's had some positive outcomes as well.

So just keep an eye on the people you know or refresh yourself on warning signs and encourage anyone when appropriate to just get checked to be on the safe side, as with early intervention this sort of thing can be an 'almost' non event, certainly treatable with drugs and non invasive surgery, or it can lead to the worst outcome.

To lighten the mood, I have full on lost the plot and treated myself to another 6 series a 635D (pick it up Friday) to replace the V70 as life's too short right!

Take care everyone (and get out and bloody drive those Supra's! saw a lovely one at Littlehampton McDonalds the other weekend and that's the first one I've seen in ages)

BMW 635d.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.