The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A-Turbo conversion PRICE ?

Dom

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone recently done N/A- T conversion, proper one with upgraded intake manifold and standalone ecu. 

Did you do it yourself,  if so , how much you spent on parts all together?

If through the garage what was the total cost with parts ? 

I did mine a few years ago, from n/a 5 speed to forged 6 speed with ECU, cams, LSD etc.

It does all add up because everything in the engine was new - oil pump, HG, injectors, turbo, wastegate, pipework, mappinget .

I have an itemised list somewhere, I'll have to dig it out 

33 minutes ago, raddys said:

Over 30k for a turbo conversion! What bhp you running?

Car only running 600bhp at moment but that's down to gearbox, engine built to run 1800bhp plus head can rev to 11000 safe and that includes my custom new loom and Nos system, plan is once get new box to run around 1300bhp

On 9/11/2024 at 9:42 PM, Suprakeith said:

Car only running 600bhp at moment but that's down to gearbox, engine built to run 1800bhp plus head can rev to 11000 safe and that includes my custom new loom and Nos system, plan is once get new box to run around 1300bhp

What have you done to your head that will let it rev to 11000rpm ? 

5 hours ago, Supraleeturbo said:

What have you done to your head that will let it rev to 11000rpm ? 

I've done Ferrea oversize valves with Ferrea oil seals, BC double springs, Solid buckets, 264 cams, stainless retainers and head is fully ported and polished. only plan to rev to 9k but over spec'ed it to be safe.