The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance for 2024/25. Here we go again.

JS2004

It's that time of year again and I am on the hunt for insurance for my reasonable condition n/a.

I've read through some of the previous posts about agreed values, which isn't as much of an issue for an n/a, but I still want to have some sort of reasonable agreed value given that if I wanted to replace it id be looking 10-15k it seems. 

Has anyone had much luck with insurers this year? I was with Trinity lane via Adrian flux last year, and the year before, with an agreed value of 15k.. but the renewal invite is now using 'sabre' as the underwriter, and the price almost doubled.

I am waiting on a call back from sky/safely but not expecting great things. They advised agreed value isn't an option also, so I've asked for them to request underwriters market value of a 93 n/a. 

I have tried Lancaster but they were higher than flux, using the same underwriter. I was told not owning a second car impacts the price, even if you are a named driver on another vehicle that you have access to.

I have tried compare the market and admiral are offering a price similar to what I paid last year.. but then I figure if the wrist happened id have more of a fight to get a fair value.

Sits on the drive sorned for 6 months and then taxed / used sparingly for the summer, I know prices go up but this seems a bit extreme to nearly double.

Edited by JS2004
Extra info (see edit history)

The last claim I had was when I had Admiral insurance and they were impeccable in getting things sorted with a repair and courtesy car. I also had an agreed value policy with Admiral and the only reason I moved on is they have/had a ceiling value on their policy that was below a TT6 valuation I was seeking at the time. I'd go with a front line good reputation insurer like Admiral, Saga, Hiscox etc. ahead of a Markerstudy broker offering where you could end up in a whole World of pain when it comes time to claim.