The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra mk4 mirrors

Konrad

Hey folks,

Long time no see, but I want to share some interesting observation with you. I just finished stripping passenger side mirror (it was replacement for folding one which was damaged long time ago). Replacement mirror was from car with heated mirrors, so did not fold with a button, but it did not bother me back then. Some time later i bought set of folding facelift mirrors and was planning to paint them to my Supra colour and install them. Then i stumbled across topic about dismantling mirror and reusing plastic covers, so I basically moved internals of facelift folding mirror into plastic covers I already had on my Supra (freshly painted too!). 
My Supra is prefacelift aerotop with original folding mirrors, so plugs on facelift mirrors did not fit one in my prefacelift door loom (facelift plug is 5 pin, prefacelift is 9 pins). So obviously I removed 5 pin plug, found 9 pin plug from my old smashed mirror (I kept bloody thing in box for 8 years! 😄). Thats, when I discovered that loom on door side got actual 7 wires running in a 9 pin connector! 3 were used for regulation of a mirror up/down/left/right, 2 for fold/unfold, but it also has extra 2 wires with colours identifying as heated mirror connection. So technically, if I install heated mirror glass on my folding mirrors and feed 2 extra wires to 9 pin connector in corresponding pins responsible for heated mirrors, I can have both worlds in one solution. 
I'm not sure its common knowledge or not, I just discovered it today when I was fighting with connector swaps and wiring diagrams lol 

• Like 3