The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast & Furious build

RichACL

21 hours ago, Peter P said:

Great start Richard. Liked and subscribed mate. Look forward to seeing the updates as you transform this into something special. Clearly going to be a detailed tribute/replica so looking forward to seeing how you get on. I’m sure you can sell any of the bits you’re not going to use by the way, good luck and keep up the great work. 

Thanks very much, we really want to make it a high quality build & a fitting tribute to the original car.

I am even trying to see if i can travel out to the original hero 1 car to confirm the colour, as it seems the internet has some confusion over the colour!

• Like 2

On 7/17/2024 at 5:18 PM, RichACL said:

Thanks very much, we really want to make it a high quality build & a fitting tribute to the original car.

I am even trying to see if i can travel out to the original hero 1 car to confirm the colour, as it seems the internet has some confusion over the colour!

I'd love to see the actual hero 1 car

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Morning, 

I have been away on holiday and recently returned.

Little update video although not particularly exciting.

the guys picked up the V160 and manual conversion parts from SRD whilst i was away, and the engine is now stripped of all ancillaries and delivered to Paul Cheshire for a rebuild. Nothing mental, just a rebuild to refresh everything & some mild cams. 

About to get ordering various other parts, turbo kit etc etc....

Will be heading over to the Bodyshop next week to see progress, and awaiting other parts arriving. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, tayr said:

That wiring gives me PTSD

LOL.

Yes some wiring for sure, all removed and returned to original now though.
The guys were really pleased when they realised how much aftermarket wiring was in the car & how it had been done, as i am sure you can imagine.

• Haha 1