The mkiv Supra Owners Club

red light in the rev meter, right under no 4

Sam

as soon I turn the ignition on, there is a square red light inside the rev meter, comes on and stays on , right below no 4. Can you people of the know tell me what is this all about.

many thanks

Sam

TT RZ 94

Yes when handbrake is on!

It's the Master warning light and it will come on for low oil, open door etc etc which also have their own seperate warning lights on the top of the dash to help you see whats wrong.

No such light re handbrake.

That light usually appears in conjunction with another light. There's a table in the manual that explains what they all mean.

If it appears without another light then I believe the manual says something like "stop and check" or engine warning light as mos says.

James.

the main warning triangle lights in conjunction with another warning light (in the top clusters or fuel gauge area). the main triangle serves to grab yr attention.

if u have the light when moving (eg handbrake off) then theres a problem.

look see what other light is on with it. the handbrake lights an exclamation mark in a circle in the fuel cluster.

it could b low brake fluid, bulb out or fucked sensor. u shouldnt really b driving the car until u know what it is.

Originally posted by JamesG

Isn't it an exclamation mark inside a circle on the right hand side of the dash? (from memory, I'm not going out to the car to check!)

James.

I have just been out to the car.

it is an exclamation mark inside atrinagle . right inside the rev counter meter gauge. right under no 4 .

it is on all the time once I turn the ignition on. and it remains on all the time thereafter. if it was for the handbreak, I tought it should disappear once I release the handbreak. but it does not disappear. !!!!!!!!!

May be I should go back a well understood GT4 .

what do you thing lads and girles ?

can a TT supra live with a well modified gt4 RC ???

( dont pull your guns at me please)

regards

Sam

Is there another light that is on at the same time when the engine is running?

One that most don't necessarily spot is the active front spoiler light. If you have the active front spoiler, the green light next to the 'Active On' switch below the stereo will flash on and off when the car is running.

Just a thought.

Oh, and another thought...a Supra will eat a GT4!!:p

It means look for another warning light. If you haven't got another light on then it could be the other light has a duff bulb. You do wear the seat belt when driving don't you?

I think all the lights come on when the ignition is first switched on so you can see which ones work

Originally posted by Brian Duff

Is there another light that is on at the same time when the engine is running?

One that most don't necessarily spot is the active front spoiler light. If you have the active front spoiler, the green light next to the 'Active On' switch below the stereo will flash on and off when the car is running.

Just a thought.

Oh, and another thought...a Supra will eat a GT4!!:p

OK MY car does not have the active front spoiler. cause the front has been replaced with a veilside shark nose. and I noticed that the active spoiler green light is flashing all the time.

and the poor GT4 has been eaten by the TT supra

Sam

Originally posted by eyefi

if no other lights (and they all work) then thats yr fault. it can b rectified, do a search to find out how to fix it.

It must be the best answer so far. Well done . Must reward you with a PHD in social engineering for being original

Well done my colleague

Sam

Originally posted by mos

Go to error code 19 thread and read the click link, this will tell you how to read your engine codes, once you have the code then it will direct you to exactly what is causing the fault.

thanks I shall do

Sam